"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Frozen Desserts & Ice Creams

Old 10-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #11
Senior Cook

Recipe?

Old 10-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Home Cook View Post
Recipe?
I keep it simple: 2 cups heavy cream, 2 cups 1/2 & 1/2, 3/4 cups sugar, 2 tsp van extract & 1 scraped van bean.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #13
Head Chef

Yesterday, Raspberry Ice Cream.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:00 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt and pepper View Post
I keep it simple: 2 cups heavy cream, 2 cups 1/2 & 1/2, 3/4 cups sugar, 2 tsp van extract & 1 scraped van bean.
I much prefer the cream ice creams than the custard based ones, both for taste and easy of making.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #15
Senior Cook

S&P - I am envious. I love Ice cream - but have to make sure that I limit what I make. My Ice cream maker shrinks my pants. I never understood that. :)

Hal
Old 10-13-2013, 05:44 AM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Home Cook View Post
S&P - I am envious. I love Ice cream - but have to make sure that I limit what I make. My Ice cream maker shrinks my pants. I never understood that. :)

Hal
It's funny you should say that. I find the knife I spread the butter on my toast does the same. Isn't it odd.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #17
Assistant Cook

Ooh I love making ice cream at home, Ill check out Iced delights. Has anyone tried making protein ice-cream? I use a thick greek yogurt, protein powder and some fresh fruit, berries work really well.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteinBarKaren View Post
Ooh I love making ice cream at home, Ill check out Iced delights. Has anyone tried making protein ice-cream? I use a thick greek yogurt, protein powder and some fresh fruit, berries work really well.
I love that idea!! I will definitely try it out. My husband, a baker, made me some chocolate chip cookie dough, left out the chocolate chips & added walnuts instead & added protein powder. He figured it out & there are 7 grams of protein per cookie. Unfortunately they are way to high in fat.
I am always looking for ways to get in more protein as I am not a big fan of meat or eggs. Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated!!
Old 11-23-2013, 04:45 AM   #19
Assistant Cook

No worries simonbaker :)
Old 11-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I love that idea!! I will definitely try it out. My husband, a baker, made me some chocolate chip cookie dough, left out the chocolate chips & added walnuts instead & added protein powder. He figured it out & there are 7 grams of protein per cookie. Unfortunately they are way to high in fat.
I am always looking for ways to get in more protein as I am not a big fan of meat or eggs. Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated!!
How abut a high protein pie, i.e. bean pie. It tastes like pumpkin pie. I was given a piece many years back and thought I was eating pumpkin pie. The texture and flavor were the same, even the color. And it was yummy. I still have to try making it myself. There are a bunch of recipes on line.

Panacotta's are great as well, and contain no eggs, or starches. Good source of protien though.

I hear hang nails and such are high in protein too. Naw, ya better not chew on hangnails. Someone will be calling you a cannibal.

And yes, I am the strangest man on this site. (now that my friend BT seems to be gone I'm still hoping that he will be back.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cream, ice cream, recipe

Ice Cream 1 st attempt @ ice cream..[IMG]http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/members/39817-albums371-picture5657.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/members/39817-albums371-picture5658.jpg[/IMG] 3 stars 1 reviews