Ice Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
1 st attempt @ ice cream..
39817-albums371-picture5657.jpg
39817-albums371-picture5658.jpg

If you want a really good book of ice cream recipes look for "Iced Delights" by Shona Crawford Poole. It's out of print but it frequently crops up on Amazon. If you have that you will never be at a loss for a delicious ice cream.

S&P - I am envious. I love Ice cream - but have to make sure that I limit what I make. My Ice cream maker shrinks my pants. I never understood that. :)

Hal

Ooh I love making ice cream at home, Ill check out Iced delights. Has anyone tried making protein ice-cream? I use a thick greek yogurt, protein powder and some fresh fruit, berries work really well.

Ooh I love making ice cream at home, Ill check out Iced delights. Has anyone tried making protein ice-cream? I use a thick greek yogurt, protein powder and some fresh fruit, berries work really well.
I love that idea!!:yum::yum: I will definitely try it out. My husband, a baker, made me some chocolate chip cookie dough, left out the chocolate chips & added walnuts instead & added protein powder. He figured it out & there are 7 grams of protein per cookie. Unfortunately they are way to high in fat.
I am always looking for ways to get in more protein as I am not a big fan of meat or eggs. Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated!!:angel:

I love that idea!!:yum::yum: I will definitely try it out. My husband, a baker, made me some chocolate chip cookie dough, left out the chocolate chips & added walnuts instead & added protein powder. He figured it out & there are 7 grams of protein per cookie. Unfortunately they are way to high in fat.
I am always looking for ways to get in more protein as I am not a big fan of meat or eggs. Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated!!:angel:

How abut a high protein pie, i.e. bean pie. It tastes like pumpkin pie. I was given a piece many years back and thought I was eating pumpkin pie. The texture and flavor were the same, even the color. And it was yummy. I still have to try making it myself. There are a bunch of recipes on line.

Panacotta's are great as well, and contain no eggs, or starches. Good source of protien though.

I hear hang nails and such are high in protein too. Naw, ya better not chew on hangnails. Someone will be calling you a cannibal.:LOL:

And yes, I am the strangest man on this site:D. (now that my friend BT seems to be gone:( I'm still hoping that he will be back.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom