Ice Cream freezing problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys! I've got some... Ice cream problems :cry:

So basically, i made Alton Brown's recipe for ice cream. I did everything correctly from cooking to cooling. After it finishing in the ice cream maker, i gave it a taste and it was DELICIOUS :), then i put it in the freezer, when i took it out again, it was gross :(. It had frozen ice crystals in it and it wasnt at ALL smooth. So where did i go wrong? Please help!!

Thanks!!

Ice crystals are usually a sign of slow freezing. What kind of freezer did you use and how did you use it?

There may have also been some moisture or excess air in the container you put the ice cream in. Is your freezer cold enough?

hm, it looks like my freezer just wasnt cold enough... ill be sure to turn it on high and tell you how it turns out next time! thank you :)

The day before I make the ice cream, I put the tub into the freezer so it has 24 hours to chill. I also make the mix and chill that for 24 hours in the back of the fridge.

Then I start the motor on the ice cream maker and pour the mix into the turning tub. Don't try to compensate for a under chilled tub by churning longer, you'll end up making butter.

Back
Top Bottom