Ice Cream made with 2% and Splenda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muggles915

Assistant Cook
Hi all,
I want to make ice cream with 2% milk and Splenda. It's snowing out here and I don't want to go out and get cream etc. Anyone here have an idea or knows if that's doable? Thanks a bunch.
muggles<<^^..^^>>~~~~~~~ meow
icon7.gif

Ok, so after some research I have come up with this for my receipe for Ice Cream made with 2% and Splenda:
I am currently simmering down six cups of 2% milk to about three cups. Not boiling but just simmering. Then I will add 4 egg yolks to make a custard like mixture. Then I'll add my Splenda. Am not sure about how much Splenda but I will find out. Then I will chill the whole thing and proceed making ice cream in my Demi ice cream maker. I will keep you all posted as to how it's going. I just love to experiment with something like this. Wish me luck!
muggles<<^^..^^>>~~~~~~~ meow;)

I was just about to say that to make icecream using 2% milk you would have to boil it down considerably. If you want to keep it healthy you may not want to even add the egg yolks. I am not sure what type of icecream you are making. I normally don't use eggs in my icecream. You can just boil down the milk and during the last hour of cooking it down you can add some cornstarch (1/2 a tbsp or so mixed with a little water) to it and continue to reduce it until it's nice and thick (you can't really taste the cornstarch once it cooks down. Flavor it with your favorite things - I like pistachios and assorted nuts along with some cardamom powder or fruits like mangoes (pureed). You can then add the splenda and you are all set.

All the best to your experiment. I am sure it will come out great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom