Ice cream that doesn't melt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattchewone

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

Ive heard about this and really want to be able to try it does anyone have or know if where to get a recipe for such a thing!?

Thanks

What I heard about is exactly ice cream or texture as such but as said does not melt at all. So not sure if it's a warm ice cream that sets at room temperature so it doesn't melt. I have no idea lol

on a related topic, the tasters kitchen recently tested different brands of ice cream. an interesting fact arose: all ice cream manufacturers pump air into their ice cream--the more air, the creamier (softer) the ice cream. ice cream, being sold by volume, not weight, you could have up to 50% air in your ice cream that you are paying for! the higher quality ice creams, like ben and jerry's, for instance, has only 12% air in their ice cream--so you are getting about 38% more ice cream from b&j than in your breyer's ice cream. of course, you're paying the premium price for the premium ice cream. so anyway, the ice creams in the test all melted at different rates, depending on their percentages of air content--but they did all eventually melt.... p.s. test kitchen--not tasters kitchen, sorry.

Last edited:
I agree about misleading descriptions on Ice Cream products. They should be made to list the air content. "Now Creamier and Smoother" should read "Now with more air added."

Back
Top Bottom