Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches

Waffles, frozen or homemade
Ice cream (flavor of choice)
Fresh fruit of choice (i.e. blueberries, strawberry fans, chopped mangos, kiwi)

Toast the waffles (if using frozen). Place half the waffles on plates and top with ice cream. Place remaining waffles on top to make a sandwich.

Garnish waffle sandwiches with fresh fruit, preserves/jam or chocolate syrup or chocolate chips, nuts and whipped cream. Roll the edges of the ice cream waffle sandwiches in chocolate chips or chopped nuts, if desired.

Mix up the flavors and come up with your own concoction - like pistachio ice cream - top waffles with pistachios, strawberry ice cream top with strawberries, chocolate ice cream - top with chocolate chips and whipped cream - peach ice cream topped with peaches. Roll the ice cream sandwiches in toasted coconut.

Last edited:
Ok, make mine with vanilla bean ice cream, topped with hot fudge and strawberries. YUMMMMY!!!! My nephews will spending the night next Saturday. This would be a great treat for them. Thanks!

pdswife said:
Ok, make mine with vanilla bean ice cream, topped with hot fudge and strawberries. YUMMMMY!!!! My nephews will spending the night next Saturday. This would be a great treat for them. Thanks!

Oh, that sounds good! This is so easy and so many ways to get creative. How 'about a rocky road; or cherry vanilla ice cream with cherries and whipped cream on top. Ben & Jerry could probably give us s'more inspiration. Chocolate or blueberry waffles would be oh so yummy too.:chef:

stop! Hubby has the car... I can't get to the store and now I'm craving ice cream !!!!! Emergancy!!!!

pdswife said:
stop! Hubby has the car... I can't get to the store and now I'm craving ice cream !!!!! Emergancy!!!!

Hurry! Turn the car around. :LOL:

A waffle-thought I'm toying with -- caviar on tiny squares of waffles (or heart shaped with cookie cutters) - topped with sour cream and lemon zest. When out of ice cream, have to get creative :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom