Instant Chocolate Banana Ice Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNoodleIncident

Senior Cook
super simple receipe for "almost" ice cream....it has the consistency of slightly melted soft serve (best eaten with a spoon, not a straw - reminds me of a Frosty from Wendy's), and the flavor was great....i was actually trying to make a normal chocolate banana smoothie, but didnt put enough liquid in

1-2 frozen bananas
cold chocolate milk (i used light chocolate soy milk - i was trying to keep it healthier and its what i had in the house)
tablespoon or two of peanut butter (again, i have this healthy peanut/flax butter that worked fine)

just put in all in a blender, and use a little less liquid than you would expect, and puree it until its nice and thick....you can always add more milk if needed....yeah, its simple, and maybe others had thought of it, but it was SO good that i thought people would appreciate this....i bet if you used full fat chocolate milk and peanut butter it would be even richer

im also wondering if i could put it in the freezer and end up with something more like hard ice cream? ill try that next

anyway, enjoy

Ive done something similar with just a few frozen bananas and some lemon juice in a food processor. It amazed how similar consistency the processed frozen banana had to soft ice cream. My suggestion is to use pretty ripe bananas. Ill definitely try the chocolate version next time. Also, years ago, was at a street fair, and a local natural health store was demonstrating, and selling a machine that was specifically made to create banana ice cream from frozen bananas ( probably just a fancy food processor). This was 20 years ago, so i dont remember .

Back
Top Bottom