ISO Ice Cream Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a wonderful, extra-lemony and rich ice cream:
Lemon Ice Cream

3 cups sugar
4 cups milk
2 cups whipping cream
1 cup half and half
1/2 cup lemon zest
3/4 cup lemon juice
2 egg whites; beaten

Mix together first six ingredients; fold in beaten egg whites. Pour into
ice cream canister and freeze.

Makes 1 gallon.

This is one of my favorites--it's great with grilled pineapple.

Ginger ice cream
2 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup chopped fresh ginger
8 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar

Bring the milk, cream and ginger to simmer in a saucepan. Cover; let it rest for 20 minutes. Bring to simmer again. Strain into medium bowl. Discard the ginger.
Whisk the yolks and sugar in a large bowl until they are a pale yellow color. Gradually whisk in the milk mixture. Return mixture to the saucepan and stir over medium heat until custard thickens and leaves path on back of spoon when finger is drawn across, about 4 minutes (do not boil). Strain custard into clean bowl. Chill about 2 hours.
Process custard in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instruction. Transfer to covered container and freeze until firm.firm.

And here's something to do with your ice cream - :)

RICE KRISPIES ICE CREAM CRUNCH CAKE

6 ozs Chocolate chips
1/3 c peanut butter
3 c Rice Krispies®
1/2 gal vanilla frozen yogurt -- (or ice cream)

Melt choc. chips & p.butter together in lg. pan or bowl; add cereal.
Spread on cookie sheet & cool; break up cereal mix. into small pieces.
Soften Ice cream; fold in all but 1/2 cup of cereal mixture & spread in
springform pan.
Use remaining 1/2 cup cereal mix. to make decorative topping, then
freeze.
Garnish w/whipped cream & strawberries, if desired.

This is my all time favorite homemade ice cream. My mom used to make it all the time when I was a kid.

Butter Pecan Ice Cream

1 1/2C chopped pecans
4Tbsp. butter(DO NOT SUBSTITUTE MARGARINE!!)

Cook over medium heat 10-15 minutes, stirring often to keep pecans from burning.

1 small box instant vanila pudding
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 large can evaporated milk
1/2C. sugar
1tsp. vanilla
1/2 gallon whole milk(or less- depending on size of ice cream maker)
4oz. cool whip

Mix together everything except whole milk & cool whip well. Fold in cool whip. Pour into ice cream maker, add whole milk to finish filling. Freeze until firm. If you're going to make the mixture ahead of time & let it cool in the fridge, add cool whip just befor pouring it into your ice cream maker.

Well thank you P A -

Here's another one, this one is a real off the wall idea, but it's fun and it works!!

TAFFY ICE CREAM

6 oz. taffy
1/2 c heavy cream
1 pt. best quality vanilla ice cream -- softened

Put taffy & cream in a small saucepan and stir over med. heat to melt.

Cool slightly & stir quickly into the ice cream so that it looks marbled.

Put ice cream back in freezer till ready to serve.
I stood in front of many, many barrels of taffy before deciding on using the dulce de leche flavored taffy. It was great. I served this with a walnut tart.

I don't have any recipes, but if you've never mixed brown sugar into vanilla ice cream you've got to try it. Also lemon zest with extra vanilla. I love lemon ice cream made with zest, and its fifty zillion times better than lemon sorbet made with juice.

Ben & Jerry's Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream
arthsepa.gif
----- This is one of my favorites. I make the coffee version.If you like coffee, toffee ice cream this one is fantastic. 4 Heath Bars 2 lg Eggs 3/4 c Sugar 2 c Heavy or whipping cream 1 c Whole milk 2 tsp. Vanilla Using a sharp knife, cut the candy bars into 1/2 to 1 inch chunks. You should have about 1 cup. Place the chucks in a bowl, cover and freeze. Whisk the egg in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue to whisk until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Pour in the cream, milk, vanilla, and whisk to blend. Transfer the mixture to ice cream maker and mix following manufacturer's instructions. After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done) add the candy, then continue mixing until the ice cream is ready. For firmer ice cream, place mixture into a plastic container with a cover in the freezer for 4 to 6 hrs.Makes one quart. Variation: COFFEE HEATH BAR CRUNCH: Omit vanilla and substitute 3 Tbsp. good quality freeze-dried coffee. Add 2 Tbsp. coffee with the cream and milk, and add the remaining 1 tbls coffee with the candy( after the ice cream stiffens.

Yes, I mixed lots of dark brown sugar and some extra vanilla extract into my gelato some time ago and it was sooo much better. I loved the crunch of the brown sugar too. Similar tasting was Haagen-Dazs's new Sticky Toffee Pudding.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom