Lime,Cucumber, and Mint sorbet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsi88kid

Senior Cook
Today in class the teacher pulled out a recipe for lime, cucumber, and mint sorbet. At first I was a little hesitant about the cucumber but let me tell you once I smelt it I fell in love. I dont know why but for some reason the Cucumber at first seems a little wierd but once you're done smelling it the cucumber brings the mixture together it seems. I just really liked it and thought i would share that with you. Also I will be posting the recipe up tommorow for anoyone who wants it as well as taking pictures.

I can definately say I would not like this combination. I love cuc's but adding lime and mint doesnt do it for me.

WELLLLLL. Let me tell you that this combo makes an absolutely deadly and delicious MARTINI!!! Have had it at Elway's in Denver (John Elway's restaurant--A#1). Made with Hendrick's gin. I have seen a sort of similar recipe (for a martini) in a Hendrick's ad, maybe in Food and Wine. I think the sorbet idea could be really good. The cuke gives a cooling flavor.

Thats the adjective I was looking for. I dont normally like the taste of cucumber, however when mixed with the other two flavors I really liked the taste and the way it complimented the other two

Ok everybody i've got the recipe and i made a mistake it wasnt sorbet it was Lime,mint, cucumber Ice but when i saw it it was still in the state that looks like a sorbet and i didnt make but anyway here is the recipe and a picture.

Lime Ice with cucumber and mint

Ingredients

5 to 6 large limes (enough to make 3/4 cup fresh lime juice)
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup water
1 medium cucumber peeled and seeded
2/3 cup mint leaves, loosely packed
Fresh Mint sprigs (for garnish)

Procedure

Zest the limes and place in a large bowl. If the zest is still in large pieces chop finely. Juice the limes and measure out 3/4 cup then add to the zest. Add sugar, corn syrup, 1 1/3 cup water, cucumber, and mint. Blend until smooth. For smoothest texture pass the mixture through a fine strainer. Pour the mixture into the canister of your ice cream maker and freeze accordingly. Scoop Ice out into container and set in the freeze for several hours to firm up. After set up serve with garnish mint sprigs.

l_84becd5be91d467a51c50019bd4ef2fe.jpg

Triple-yum!
(this is why I'm currently shopping around for an ice cream maker - so I can make treats like this one!)

Back
Top Bottom