Melting creamice and freeze it again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davea1980

Assistant Cook
Hi guys

A local store is selling coconut creamice.
Well.... Coconut.. Its just standard white cream ice, with coconut chips and coconut extract. So i can make it myself.

But how.... I can easily buy a package of creamice, let it melt a bit, add coconut chips to it and the extract. Put it in a coconut ( for decoration) and refreeze it.

But they say... Molten ice what is frozen again, will be hard with icecrystals in it.
How can i put this coconut extract inside the creamice?

Hi guys

Well.... Coconut.. Its just standard white cream ice, with coconut chips and coconut extract. So i can make it myself.

But how.... I can easily buy a package of creamice, let it melt a bit, add coconut chips to it and the extract. Put it in a coconut ( for decoration) and refreeze it.

But they say... Molten ice what is frozen again, will be hard with icecrystals in it.

Get an ice cream maker and make your own.;)

what craig, lp, and taxy were saying (you have to read between the lines) is that the whole idea of making ice cream is that it needs to be stirred as it freezes. ice crystals form as the liquid freezes, but if you constantly stir it while it freezes it breaks them up, making them smaller and smaller thus creating a smooth, frozen-but-creamy dessert.

if you control the thaw to just soft but not too melted, you may be able to pull off what you are suggesting. or you may end up with some nasty tasting freezer burnt stuff.

let us know how it goes.

Welcome to DC. Just a few words and there you are with several answers to your dilemma. DC is a great place to be. Do stick around and have some fun. :angel:

Hi guys

Is it safe to melt and refreeze ice cream?

Back
Top Bottom