Peanuts and ice cream -- what would be a good combo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whole milk

Senior Cook
I had some extra peanut brittle and so I thought I'd use it to coat some truffles; however, after the smell of the peanuts were so strong I thought they'd take away from the chocolate, so I decided not to. Now I'm thinking to either mix it in ice cream or use it as a topping.

Any suggestions on what flavour base would suit ground peanut brittle?

I say vanilla, too. However, you could do a variation on a "tin roof," which is vanilla ice cream, peanuts and chocolate sauce.

You could crumble the brittle up and use it in place of the peanuts. The sugary part of the brittle would lend a bit of a butterscotch flavor to the who shebang. Yummy!

Yes, Vanilla is the way to go!!! Wish I had a dish right about now. Sure sounds good!!!

I say vanilla, too. However, you could do a variation on a "tin roof," which is vanilla ice cream, peanuts and chocolate sauce.

You could crumble the brittle up and use it in place of the peanuts. The sugary part of the brittle would lend a bit of a butterscotch flavor to the who shebang. Yummy!

Tin roof? We always called them Mexican Sundaes.
That sounds real good about now :) Peanut brittle would make it extra special.

Thanks everyone!

Vanilla it is. I just made some French Vanilla ice cream this morning. I also have some leftover Creme Anglaise flavoured with rum; for dessert tonight I think I'll spoon it over the ice cream and crushed brittle and see how it is. :pig:

just plain ol' vanilla, the peanut brittle, and add some crumbled pretzels. the saltiness of the pretzels offsets the sweetness of the ice cream and brittle, and works with the peanut and vanilla flavors.

I swear that ice cream maker of mine is coming out this week!!!

I agree, a good vanilla compliments just about anything you put into it. I do, however, have some weird tastes when it comes to ice cream. I envision crumbled up peanut brittle mixed into vanilla bean ice cream topped with peanut butter sauce, whipped cream, nuts, and a cherry...

Vanilla is the obvious choice, but next time if you want to try something a little different maybe try it with ginger ice cream. I do not know how it would work, but it could be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom