Premium Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettyR

Senior Cook
I have no idea where this recipe came from. My mom used it when I was a kid but her recipe made enough to fill her 1-1/2 gallon hand-crank ice cream freezer. I cut the recipe down do fit my tabletop model.

This is really good ice cream; it is smooth, rich and creamy. Any leftovers stored for a long period of time in the freezer will get rock hard. But if you take it out of the freezer and put it in the frig for about 20 to 30 minutes before you serve it; it will soften and become smooth and spoon-able again.

Premium Vanilla Ice Cream

Step #1:
2-1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks

Place eggs, yolks and vanilla in a blender. Turn blender on and blend for about 20 seconds or until mixture becomes light in color; turn blender off.

Step #2:
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar
a pinch of salt
2 cups heavy cream

Put all ingredients into a saucepan and whisk constantly until mixture comes to a full rolling boil (a boil that can't be stirred down); remove from heat.

With the blender running, slowly pour the boiling cream mixture into the eggs until all the cream has been added. Blend for another 30 seconds or so and turn blender off.

Step #3:
1- 12 ounce can of evaporated milk

Pour cream/egg mixture into a covered container and add evaporated milk; stir well. Place mixture in the refrigerator and let it chill and ripen overnight. The next day place mixture into your ice cream freezer and make your ice cream.

Well...hello!!! I saw this recipe and had to try it, but didn't have any cream. However, I did have whole milk, so I used that. I also used my homemade vanilla extract.

Holy Christmas!! It was good. I can't imagine what this would taste like if I'd used cream instead of the whole milk. Delicious.

Thanks, BettyR. Wonderful dessert.

Katie E said:
Well...hello!!! I saw this recipe and had to try it, but didn't have any cream. However, I did have whole milk, so I used that. I also used my homemade vanilla extract.

Holy Christmas!! It was good. I can't imagine what this would taste like if I'd used cream instead of the whole milk. Delicious.

Thanks, BettyR. Wonderful dessert.

I’m so glad you liked it; one of my favorite memories as a child was my mom making this ice cream when family would come to visit on hot summer days. I would eat it until I literally got sick; I would run off behind the barn and throw up then go back and eat more.

I never told my mom that it made me throw up or she wouldn’t let me eat it any more. Thank goodness I have a little more self-control now; I stop just short of throwing up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom