Rec- Paloodeh (frozen dessert) (TNT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmar

Senior Cook
Rec- Faloodeh (frozen Iranian dessert) (TNT)

فالوده
(faloodeh)
1 cup (140 g) rice starch
2 1/4 cups (525 mL) water
a bowl of ice water
sharbat (see recipe below)

lime juice, to serve
In a small pot stir starch into one cup of cold water to dissolve.
One dissolced, and remaining water and continue stirring. Place pot over high heat, stirring constantly to keep from becoming too stiff. After 3-5 minutes, whet it becomes gel-like and binds together, remove from heat.
Fill a bowl with ice and ice water, place someting with holes (that isn’t a sieve) such as a steamer insert, over the bowl and push the starch mixture through it with a spoon or your hands. (Warning: Things are going to get a little bit messy/sticky.)
Stir the strands of starch in the ice water (make sure the water remains really cold.) Let the starch sit in the ice water for at least 5 minutes to firm up.
Remove the strands using a finely slotted spoon or pouring through a sieve.
In an at least 600 mL bowl that fits in your freezer, stir the strands into the sharbat and place in the freezer, stirring occasionally, for at least 5 hours, or until firm.

To serve, scoop into bowls and pour lime juice on to taste, or serve along side in a small pitcher. (For me that's enough lime juice to be very visible in the bowl.)

Plain Sharbat
1 cup (233 mL) water
1 cup (206 g) sugar
1-2 tablespoons (15-30 ml) rosewater
In a small saucepan combine sugar and water over high heat, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until sugar has completely dissolved and the water has come to a boil.
Remove from heat and stir in rosewater. Let cool and refrigerate until needed.

My pictures of it came out badly because I wasn't patient enough to let it freeze the first time I made it, and didn't take pictures the second time, but this is a picture of it:
http://www.bia2.com/gallery/High-res/food/faloodeh-1024.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom