Soft Serve Ice Cream Machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsLMB

Executive Chef
I am looking for an ice cream maker. In the process I ran across a couple that are for soft serve ice cream rather than traditional harder ice cream. They claim to be great for sorbet as well.

Does anyone here have any experience with one of these machines?

With all the wonderful summer fruits coming up I really want to get a machine.

Plus soft serve is so yummy.

I am looking for an ice cream maker. In the process I ran across a couple that are for soft serve ice cream rather than traditional harder ice cream. They claim to be great for sorbet as well.

Does anyone here have any experience with one of these machines?

With all the wonderful summer fruits coming up I really want to get a machine.

Plus soft serve is so yummy.
I have several and they do make soft serve if you want harder Ice cream remove it from the drum and put in a different contaier with a lid or cover with plastic wrap and put in freezer til you satisfied with the frozen consistancy. I use my Cuisenart all the time.
kadesma

We bought the attachment for an ice cream maker for our Kitchen Aid stand mixer. It's REALLY soft serve when it's done and has to firm up a bit in freezer before you can really serve it. Does a fairly decent job for just home use without having a whole separate machine, though you do have to keep the bowl in the freezer or remember to put it in the day before you want to make ice cream/sherbert/gelato.

I believe all ice cream makers work this way, soft serve then freeze until it's hard. Maybe some very high end units will freeze the ice cream hard but frankly I won't make enough ice cream in a lifetime to justify the cost of a unit like that.

Joe mate, I have a Gaggia your statement is correct for the "high end" as well.
The problem with it is it is so simple, no freezing bowls ect, that is why my wife has locked it away:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom