Spicy ice cream?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baking fool

Senior Cook
Sour cream & yogurt, etc go with spicy stuff because they're supposed to have a "cooling" effect. Why not go a step farther & make ice cream or gelato with pepper jelly swirled in, or some kind of spicy pepper puree or something? tasty idea or no?

I have had spicy ice creams before (many many many years ago) and I remember loving it. I think I had a jalapeno ice cream and also a horseradish ice cream although my memory is quite hazy on the subject. I do remember that is was a great idea that worked very well though.

dark chocolate with chili powder/cayenne/dried red chili of your choice....

mexican chocolate with cinnamon

I find a stronger chocolate like a Mexican chocolate with cinnamon makes the ice cream a tad spicy..also spicy gelatos flavors like cayenne pepper , mint, and chili are just some of the few:chef:

I make cinnamon ice cream, and also a mixed spice ice cream (add allspice, cloves, mace, nutmeg to the cinnamon) Great with fall pies and cakes.

Chocolate ice cream with chili peppers is also tasty. imho as long as it's not too hot.

that choc + chiles ice cream sounds good. maybe it could be called a mole ice cream? & with chopped-up fried plantains sprinkled on top! & apple-cinnamon empanada on the side! :w00t2:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom