Sugar free ice cream recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all, wondering if anyone might have a recipe for sugar free ice cream. Chapman's brand now cary a sugar free ice cream bar, really good but not always available. Would love to try this at home, thanks

Can't help, SGB - we are eating sugar-free popsicles around here these days, but I hate it and long for a big ole bowl of ice cream loaded with butterfat and a generous glob of hot fudge sauce or sweetened fruit puree on top.

But I'm not bitter about it.

My opinion on sugar-free ice cream is Why Bother? Same goes for diet cheese.

You could always try using Splenda.

Perhaps this would be of interest. My sister got this at a Weight Watchers meeting.

Strawberry Ice Cream

12 oz. Frozen Strawberries
1/2 C. Splenda
2/3 C. FF Half and Half

Place the frozen strawberries and the Splenda into a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the FF half and half and blend. You can either eat it as a soft frozen ice cream right out of the processor or freeze it to a harder state. According to the original recipe, it can be stored frozen for up to 2 weeks (but that was with regular sugar and half and half, so I don't know for sure that the same would apply.... don't think it would last that long anyway!! It makes 4 good-sized servings.

Calories per serving - 61
Fat grams - .1 g (not 1, .1)
Fiber - 1.8 g

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom