Sweetened Condensed Milk Ice Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brianschef

Senior Cook
Super Quick Homemade Ice Cream

Makes about 1 1/2 quarts each.

Chocolate Ice Cream

Ingredients:

1 - 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk

2/3 cup chocolate flavored syrup

2 cups(1 pint)whipping cream, whipped

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate syrup, mix well. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into a 9"x5" loaf pan sprayed with veggie spray; cover with plastic wrap. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.

Strawberry Ice Cream

Ingredients:

1 - 10 ounce box of frozen strawberries with syrup, thawed

1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

3 beaten egg yolks

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

red food coloring, if desired

2 cups(1 pint) whipping cream, whipped

Directions:

In a blender, blend 1 - 10 ounce package of thawed frozen strawberries in syrup until smooth. In a large bowl, combine pureed berries, milk, 3 beaten egg yolks, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, a few drops of red food coloring if desired; mix well. Fold in whipped cream. Proceed as above.

Peppermint Candy Ice Cream

Ingredients:

1- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

3 beaten egg yolks

4 teaspoons vanilla

1/4 - 1/2 cup crushed hard peppermint candy(you could also use butterschotch, jolly rodgers, any type of hard candy)

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, 3 beaten egg yolks, and 4 teaspoons vanilla. Fold in whipped cream and crushed candy. Proceed as above.

French Vanilla Ice Cream

Ingredients:

1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

3 beaten egg yolks

4 teaspoons vanilla

Directions:

Proceed as above

Oh YUM!
(Although I don't know how much would actually make it to my freezer...heh heh)
thanks so much Brianschef!!!

I've never used an ice cream machine, but I've made plenty of ice cream over the years. One thing I learned is that you really, really need to partially freeze the mixture, and beat it again, preferably 3-4 times, to get a good consistency. Each time, beat for several minutes. If you don't do this, your ice cream, regardless of the recipe, will be like ROCK. Slimy rock, usually. Also, if you freeze the mixture in trays, make sure that after the final beating, you cover the trays with foil or plastic wrap, making sure the 'lid' touches the ice cream to exclude as much air as possible. This prevents ice crystals forming on top.

Thanks Brian! These are great options for folks who don't have ice cream makers.

Count me in there! But I have found that so long as you've got a decent pan/container to chill your ice cream in it's really not the end of the world. I like the homemade, less processed (aka less store bought) texture that the finished products develop.

Thanks for putting these up Brian, the condensed milk one is so interesting :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom