"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Frozen Desserts & Ice Creams

Old 11-11-2005, 03:54 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Tiramisu Bon Bons

This recipe had me thinking about other possibilities to try -- perhaps marbeled cheesecake or carrot cake chocolate covered bon bons. Any ideas on some creative frozen cake bon bons? Another idea is to freeze them on a stick (Similar to a lollipop dessert or salmon appy I think I posted awhile back.)

Tiramisu Bon Bons
Yields: about 12 bon bons

1 store-bought or home made tiramisu
1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate cut into small pieces, or bittersweet chocolate chips

Using a melon baller, spoon out balls from tiramisu to create the bon bons. Freeze the bon bons on a cookie sheet for at least 1 hour or over night.

Melt chocolate in a double boiler until smooth and glossy. Dip frozen tiramisu bon bons in melted chocolate until covered on all sides.

Place bon bons on a cookie sheet covered in parchment or waxed paper and return them to the freezer. Take bon bons out of freezer and let them thaw for about 15 minutes before serving.

Old 11-11-2005, 04:06 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Yummmmmmmy!

Old 11-11-2005, 04:28 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Thank you, pds.

This is a pic of cheesecake on a stick, and I am wondering if this is how it was made - re covering it in melted chocolate and freezing... and if I could do tiramisu using this method.

Old 11-11-2005, 08:55 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
That sure looks like it would be fun to eat.

I don't see why you couldn't do the tiramisu that way.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:57 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Tisamisu is my DH very favourite dessert (9 times out of 10 if it's on a dessert menu that's what he'll order, and he requests it any time I ask what he might like for dessert at home! ). I'm always looking for new spins on this classic, thanks Mish

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:03 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolina
Tisamisu is my DH very favourite dessert (9 times out of 10 if it's on a dessert menu that's what he'll order, and he requests it any time I ask what he might like for dessert at home! ). I'm always looking for new spins on this classic, thanks Mish
You're welcome. Here's another misu spin.

http://www.hostesscakes.com/recipe_view.asp?rID=19
Old 11-14-2005, 12:04 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

me too picolina. the first time i had it was probably one of the best, and ever since i've been obsessed with matching that "first kiss" as it were.
the moscarpone whip was light, sweet and delicious, and held together layers of perfectly espresso/amaretto moistened lady fingers. not too dry, not soggy.
it's best after a great meal with a little espresso and grappa, then the cigar...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:22 AM   #8
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
You're welcome. Here's another misu spin.

http://www.hostesscakes.com/recipe_view.asp?rID=19
Grazie Mish! I think we might have mentioned this one in another DC tiramisu thread, but it's such a cute idea it deserves to be mentied over and over. Too bad they don't have Twinkies in Ireland, something tells me DH would go nuts for this recipe!!!

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:54 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolina
Grazie Mish! I think we might have mentioned this one in another DC tiramisu thread, but it's such a cute idea it deserves to be mentied over and over.
Yep. That was me. Thanks for your reply.

Tags
None