What to do with blackberries?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kamp

Senior Cook
I have many lbs of frozen blackberries. Does anyone have some idea of what I can make with them?

Do you means besides pie, cobbler, jam, preserves, ice cream, topping, syrup, Muffins, Turnovers, Pancakes, coffee cake, or leaving them fresh as a healthy snack?

Selkie and Uncle Bob pretty much covered it. If you want to do something savory, blackberry sauce goes well with duck or chicken dishes. Another idea is to make smoothies.

Warm Blackberry Cobbler with Vanilla Icecream is a classic favorite of mine but you can also try Blackberry & Apple Rice. Layer Rice Pudding, Chunky Applesauce, and Blackberries. Then top with a sprinkling of brown sugar and blackberries. Serve it warm or cold (wait 10 minutes for the sugar to melt on top).

Also, you can make a glaze for Ham or make blackberry preserves.

Attachments

• apple&blackberry rice.jpg
    apple&blackberry rice.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 332
Do you means besides pie, cobbler, jam, preserves, ice cream, topping, syrup, Muffins, Turnovers, Pancakes, coffee cake, or leaving them fresh as a healthy snack?

Thanks..

What is turnovers?

Is I make jam from them is it possible to remove the seeds? I don't like jam with seeds..

Yes, it's possible to remove the seeds to make jelly but not jam if you use a fine wire mesh sieve.

BLACKBERRY JELLY
2 1/2 lb. blackberries
1 1/2 lb. sugar (or 3 c. sugar)

Wash berries thoroughly; remove any caps (leaf or stem attachments) and then crush the berries within a wire mesh sieve. Heat juice slowly to boiling, stirring constantly. Add sugar and continue cooking rapidly until mixtures give test to jelly.

Test for ability to turn to jelly:
Recipe - Jam and Jelly Recipes

Pour into sterile jars and seal. Makes 2 pints.

Blackberry Turnovers are like small, individual fruit pies.

All Easy Recipes. Blackberry Turnovers.

Enjoy! :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom