What Would You do with Corn Bread Ice Cream?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
DH and I went to a wonderful ice cream shop this weekend where the owner makes all of the ice cream flavors right there, in small 5 gallon batches. It's the most amazing ice cream we've ever had!!! We brought home a couple pints including Corn Bread. It's vanilla ice cream with corn bread batter mixed it and it's really, really good. So I'm curious, how would you serve such a unique flavor?

Ideas I've had are:
  • Make a spicy chocolate sauce (chocolate sauce with cayenne and a pinch of cinnamon) and serve the ice cream and sauce over a slice of grilled pineapple or other sliced, tropical fruit.
  • Serve it with strawberries, as a variation on strawberry shortcake.
What would you do?:chef:

marmalady said:
I'm thinkin' fresh peaches in simple syrup with a little cinnamon! Wanna send me a pint and I'll experiment for you?!:angel:

Oooh, peaches! That sounds wonderful, marm! I'd send you some if I could!:)

Corn bread ice cream sounds wonderful - YUM. I would serve it with some blackberry cobbler - YUM!

Wow, two more wonderful ideas. Thanks, swann and toots! I think I"ll be buying more soon.

I tried some with fresh strawberry sauce last night and it was wonderful. I don't think there are very many things that this won't taste good with!:ROFLMAO: :pig:

Is it a sweet cornbread ice cream? If so, you could serve it over a fruit cobbler or an apple dumplin drizzled with caramel sauce and a nice cup of coffee. If salty, definitely with a side of chili.

PA Baker said:
DH and I went to a wonderful ice cream shop this weekend where the owner makes all of the ice cream flavors right there, in small 5 gallon batches. It's the most amazing ice cream we've ever had!!! We brought home a couple pints including Corn Bread. It's vanilla ice cream with corn bread batter mixed it and it's really, really good. So I'm curious, how would you serve such a unique flavor?

Ideas I've had are:
  • Make a spicy chocolate sauce (chocolate sauce with cayenne and a pinch of cinnamon) and serve the ice cream and sauce over a slice of grilled pineapple or other sliced, tropical fruit.
  • Serve it with strawberries, as a variation on strawberry shortcake.
What would you do?:chef:

:LOL: That sound good on a strawberry short cake!!

I would serve it next to some of the red bean ice cream mentioned in the other post, with B&J's new "Black and Tan" vream stout flavored ice cream to drink (in milkshake form). It would be a complete meal of cornbread, beans, and beer.
No, I'm kidding. But that would be interesting to try sometime with friends or as a B-day meal.
I think it would be really good by itself of with warm bluberries. Since its ice cream and ice cream is sweet, it probably tastes more like a corn muffin than corn bread, and who doesn't love a good bluberry corn muffin? Or beside a tiny round scoop of butter pecan ice cream (no pecans in the scoop) for cornbread and butter. Sounds really good anyways, I wish that ice cream place was near me. Do you live in a small town?

WOW!!! Cornbread ice cream -- that's a first for me!! I think I would try it with fresh berries or peaches (as mentioned), with lots of toasted pecans, and a drizzle of maple syrup!!!! DROOL!!

The Corn Bread Ice Cream sounds wonderful. You could put chocolate, peaches, strawberries or even kiwi on it. Ice cream is one of my all time favorites.

I am sure glad that there are no ice cream stores near where I live. Of course there are plenty of markets and when I order online I always get at least one ice cream pie. I ordered an oreo ice cream pie this time and the order should arrive on the 21st- I couldn't help my self.

I know I am supposed to be on a diet but it is really really hard for me.

Jill and Jolie

Back
Top Bottom