101 Ways to fix a hamburger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Constance said:

i'm NOT a big burger fan, but one day, i mixed 1 lb of ground lamb with 1 lb of 80/20 ground beef, and threw-in a few seasonings.

little did i know... that would be the BEST burger i've ever created or ate, and still to this day, i can't recall what i added. my friends went nuts over them and so did my parents... all asking, "What did you add to these burgers?"

i didn't measure anything... i just added salt, granulated garlic, etc. all "from the wrist," i.e., no measuring at all. there were a few other seasonings, but i can't remember them.

this is all like a bad dream...:( i'm gonna spend the rest of my life trying to recreate those bites of joy.

Well, black chef - I would have to say that the obvious thing you did was that you "mixed 1 lb of ground lamb with 1 lb of 80/20 ground beef, and threw-in a few seasonings."

Unless the spices you threw in were over-powering the flavor ... I'm betting the "unique" flavor was from the lamb.

I've been making a hamburger, then putting it between english muffin bread (not english muffins, but a toasting bread) with velveeta. You get a grilled cheese-burger things.

They are **** tasty.

I wasn't a big burger fan except for the wendy's burger of course
drooling.gif

but my husband last summer came up with the most delicious hamburger meat recipe. the burger literally melts in your mouth!

quite good mix

black chef said:
i'm NOT a big burger fan, but one day, i mixed 1 lb of ground lamb with 1 lb of 80/20 ground beef, and threw-in a few seasonings.

That's what I use for the meat mix in the recipe of my Italian meatballs - great grandmother is from Sicilly so it's family tradition. :) With her mix she adds veal as well; hard to get it though, at least at a reasonable price.

Very good when you mix it all together, the texture is excellent and the flavor is outstanding. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom