A favorite way to cook tri tip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
My grocery has just started carrying tri tip and I'm looking for a few ways to cook it. Any suggestions?

licia said:
My grocery has just started carrying tri tip and I'm looking for a few ways to cook it. Any suggestions?
licia,
tri-tip is one of our favorite meats to grill. I put min in a zip lock baggie and marinate it. Sometime with wine, garlic, brown sugar, or at time in a bottle of italian salad dressing..sometimes I just rub it all over with evoo then rub in garlic powder, as we are grilling it we keep spraying it with beer! We slice it as thin as possible, sometimes putting it on french rolls with lettuce, tomatoes that kind of thing and at time we just slice thin and serve with pesto it goes with just about anything...We even serve it with pepper shrimp and cold salads..Hope this helps:LOL:
kadesma

kadesma said:
licia,
tri-tip is one of our favorite meats to grill. I put min in a zip lock baggie and marinate it. Sometime with wine, garlic, brown sugar, or at time in a bottle of italian salad dressing..sometimes I just rub it all over with evoo then rub in garlic powder, as we are grilling it we keep spraying it with beer! We slice it as thin as possible, sometimes putting it on french rolls with lettuce, tomatoes that kind of thing and at time we just slice thin and serve with pesto it goes with just about anything...We even serve it with pepper shrimp and cold salads..Hope this helps:LOL:
kadesma

I agree, tri-tip is great on the grill. The meat itself has a lot of flavor too. The only thing though is that when you slice it, cut it into relatively thin (1/2") slices because sometimes the meat can be a little on the tougher side.

Humm .... Ironchef must be tired tonight .... :rolleyes:

Cut it across the grain at a 45-degree angle ... humm .. instead of holding the knife straight up and down and cutting it like this "|" slant the knife and cut it at an angle like this "\" . By cutting it on the bias like that - a 1/2-inch thick slice of meat will only have a toughness factor of about a 1/4-inch thick slice. There is another word I'm looking for but can't find it right now ....

What say you IC?

Last edited:
Michael in FtW said:
Humm .... Ironchef must be tired tonight .... :rolleyes:

Cut it across the grain at a 45-degree angle ... humm .. instead of holding the knife straight up and down and cutting it like this "|" slant the knife and cut it at an angle like this "\" . By cutting it on the bias like that - a 1/2-inch thick slice of meat will only have a toughness factor of about a 1/4-inch thick slice. There is another word I'm looking for but can't find it right now ....

What say you IC?

Yeah, that too. I mean cutting it on a bias. Good looking out Mike.

Back
Top Bottom