Ancho Chili Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlta39

Assistant Cook
Ancho Chile Steak

Ingredients:
2 tsp ancho chile powder
1/2 tsp finely ground black pepper
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground allspice
1 tbs fresh lime juice
Four 1/2 inch thick boneless rib-eye steaks
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tbs olive oil

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, mix together the chile powder, pepper, cinnamon, kosher salt and allspice.

2. Brush a coating of lime juice over 1 side of each steak, season with the seasoning mix on the same side.

3. Heat the oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium to medium-high heat (if it is to hot the spices will scorch).

4. When the oil is hot, lay 2 steaks down in the oil season side down. Allow them to cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes then flip and continue cooking until done to your temperature.

Serve with a baked potato with the works.

1. While the steaks are cooking preheat the oven to 400 F.

2. Pierce 4 baked potatoes with a fork several times. Brush each potato with olive oil and roll in kosher salt.

3. Bake the potatoes until soft about 40 minutes. Best potatoes are baked directly on the oven rack, but if you prefer they can be baked on a shallow sheet.

4. When done top each potato with butter, cheddar cheese, green onion and sour cream.

Time: 45 minutes

Easy Recipes - Fun, Fast and Easy Recipes

sounds good, i don't have steak very often but when i do i buy rib eye. will have to try this. do think potatoes should go in sooner than while steak is cooking. it will take much more time to cook than the steak. just a thought.

I like it. It sounds like a Bobby Flay recipe. He loves his ancho chili.

Back
Top Bottom