Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are welcome Lopprraine. Enjoy! Debbie

Enjoy suziquzie! I hope you enjoy the meatloaf. Celery is not needed, half the time I don't even add it. I add it for looks mainly, my husband is not a fan of celery anyway. The meatloaf freezes well, I have done it before.

Thanks JillBurgh!

I don't care for celery either. I chop it up real fine for soups, stews and pot roasts and by the time it's done, there's no flavor left in the celery and most of it has disolved.

Andy thanks for the suggestion of chopping it up real fine!! DH and I don't like the stuffy either and while I want to add it for flavor to recipes he has a fit! Maybe I can trick him doing it this way! :)

Worst case, use the food processor.

When I make meatloaf, I use the FP to almost puree all the fresh veggies. that releases all their juices and helps keep the meat moist.

This is really simple to make and looks like you spent a long time making it. My family just loves this meatloaf. Makes great sandwiches the next day.
Enjoy! Debbie
_____

BACON CHEESEBURGER MEATLOAF

img_538848_0_564c1796a64f8aa307490296ae4ad739.jpg

2 pound(s) GROUND BEEF
1/2 cup(s) BREAD CRUMBS, ITALIAN STYLE
1/4 cup(s) ONION; Minced.
1/4 cup(s) CELERY; Minced.
2 tablespoon(s) GREEN BELL PEPPER; Minced.
2 tablespoon(s) RED BELL PEPPER; Minced.
1 tablespoon(s) GARLIC; Minced.
2 tablespoon(s) GREEN ONIONS; Minced.
2 tablespoon(s) PARSLEY FLAKES
2 EGGS
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) SALT
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) BLACK PEPPER
2 cup(s) CHEDDAR CHEESE; Shredded.
1/2 cup(s) BACON; Cooked And Crumbled.
_____

In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, onions, celery, bell peppers, garlic, green onions, parsley, eggs, salt and pepper.
Mix well.
On a piece of wax paper, shape meat mixture into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle.
Spread cheese over the meat, leaving a 3/4 inch border around the edges.
Sprinkle bacon over cheese.
Roll the meat in a jellyroll fashion to enclose the filling and form a pinwheel loaf.
Pinch both ends to enclose the cheese.
Place in a 10" x 15" baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
When done, sprinkle with additional cheese or spread with ketchup and mustard to taste.
_____
wow, just looked this up on google of all things, and it's the first thing that came up, pretty neat
WHY DID I THINK YOU PUT THIS OR MAKE THIS IN THE CROCK POT? I'M LOSING MY MIND, OH, FOUND IT:huh:

Last edited:
Caution: Overbaking not good for the mind

Your brain or the meatloaf??
:-p:LOL:

I think I over basted mine.. my brain that is!:ROFLMAO:

Thanks again for another great one!! And if anyone wants to kick down a few calories or fat, just sub ground turkey for the beef & turkey bacon for the regular bacon.

I do it all the time since hubby doesn't eat red meat & I've yet to be disappointed with a subbed recipe yet.

Thanks again for another great one!! And if anyone wants to kick down a few calories or fat, just sub ground turkey for the beef & turkey bacon for the regular bacon.

I do it all the time since hubby doesn't eat red meat & I've yet to be disappointed with a subbed recipe yet.

That is good to know. I need to try it. Thanks!

I'm not a big fan of meatloaf, but just have to try this, as I love bacon cheese burgers. If I get to the store tomarrow, I'll try it for dinner. Thanks for the post.

Now that is a way for me to eat meatloaf, I loved it. Here is a picture of mine. Husband loved it asked me where I got the recipe, told him from this site and that now he better quit complaining about me being on this site when I'm home.

Attachments

• bacon cheeseburger meatloaf.JPG
    bacon cheeseburger meatloaf.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 230
Mine didnt swirl as much, I think I just didnt make my rectangle right. Still tasted just fine!

Now that is a way for me to eat meatloaf, I loved it. Here is a picture of mine. Husband loved it asked me where I got the recipe, told him from this site and that now he better quit complaining about me being on this site when I'm home.

You did a perfect job!!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed the meatloaf, now you can say you like meatloaf. Thanks for adding the photo.

im making meatloaf again tonite and im going with a variation of this recipe... although im not going to roll it im going to make it in a loaf pan...

ill just layer it and go Meat layer then cheese, then meat layer, then cheese, then another meat layer. so i'll have to layers of the bacony, cheesy, goodness in the middle. i'll probably also go with a beef/pork/veal combination

im making meatloaf again tonite and im going with a variation of this recipe... although im not going to roll it im going to make it in a loaf pan...

ill just layer it and go Meat layer then cheese, then meat layer, then cheese, then another meat layer. so i'll have to layers of the bacony, cheesy, goodness in the middle. i'll probably also go with a beef/pork/veal combination

That should turn out great. Please let us know how it turns out.

Have ya seen Paula Deen's bacon cheeseburger meatloaf..her recipe is a bit different..but she puts the canned onion rings on top the last few mins of cooking..sounds like a tasty garnish for it..think I'll try it when I make Blues. :)

Back
Top Bottom