"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef

Old 01-30-2008, 01:48 AM   #41
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage™ View Post
Have ya seen Paula Deen's bacon cheeseburger meatloaf..her recipe is a bit different..but she puts the canned onion rings on top the last few mins of cooking..sounds like a tasty garnish for it..think I'll try it when I make Blues.
I have not seen Paula Deen's recipe. Canned onions would be very good. Thanks for sharing.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:38 PM   #42
Master Chef

Bump!
Made this tonight, finally got around to trying it out. I did not take a picture as it did not turn out as pretty as Ol-blue's, LOL. But it was very tasty and the kids loved it! I think I put too many peppers in it as well, but DW loved that and said it really brought out the flavor in her opinion.
One side note: I cut up a 3lb package of ground beef for this, then decided I used way to many peppers so I added the rest of the ground beef and adjusted with bread crumbs to keep the right consistency. I then took the extra mixture I did not use for meatloaf, formed it into patties, and made bacon cheeseburgers out of them! Just fried the patties up, topped with American cheese and bacon, and put it on toasted rolls.
Wife and I loved em! So, the meatloaf recipe also makes great bacon cheeseburgers!

Old 02-15-2008, 01:15 AM   #43
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
Bump!
Made this tonight, finally got around to trying it out. I did not take a picture as it did not turn out as pretty as Ol-blue's, LOL. But it was very tasty and the kids loved it! I think I put too many peppers in it as well, but DW loved that and said it really brought out the flavor in her opinion.
One side note: I cut up a 3lb package of ground beef for this, then decided I used way to many peppers so I added the rest of the ground beef and adjusted with bread crumbs to keep the right consistency. I then took the extra mixture I did not use for meatloaf, formed it into patties, and made bacon cheeseburgers out of them! Just fried the patties up, topped with American cheese and bacon, and put it on toasted rolls.
Wife and I loved em! So, the meatloaf recipe also makes great bacon cheeseburgers!
What a great idea! I never thought of doing that. Thanks for sharing. Debbie
Old 02-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #44
Executive Chef

You folks are some fine cookers on this web site. Look at all these gorgeous looking meatloaves. Good job for those who posted their pix, I will try but can't promise.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
I'm out of celery but I'm sure it's edible without it.
I'm like you, I often times think I have some celery. But when I'm not here, often times the husband uses it all during the day as a quickie lunch with peanut butter spooned on top of it, then when I look for it, it's not there. So, two days ago, while in the market, I went to the little cellophane package aisle and found dehydrated celery in a package for 89 cents. I got it thinking one of these days I'm gonna need some, won't have any fresh and can substitute this freeze dried kind, in a pinch. Having just bought fresh celery I used it for my meatloaf tonight, but could have used the other if out.

If my husband doesn't get home soon I'm gonna take a slice of this meatloaf and chomp down on it. This house smells sooooooooooo good!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #45
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
But when I'm not here, often times the husband uses it all during the day as a quickie lunch with peanut butter spooned on top of it, then when I look for it, it's not there.
Ohh but don't forget the 'ants' on top!
Old 02-20-2008, 01:08 AM   #46
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
Ohh but don't forget the 'ants' on top!
yea, I could do ants on a log for sure. especially since I made my own ants, they're called huge black seedless grapes and I don't know how to explain how incredible they turned out, but they took a full two days in the dehydrator...............................they're huge, look more like stink bugs on a log
Old 02-20-2008, 06:30 AM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Those sound yummy I would eat stink bugs on a log!!
My son actually requested this meatloaf again this week. I want to try the crockpot one but I can't get him off the cheeseburger!!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #48
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
Those sound yummy I would eat stink bugs on a log!!
My son actually requested this meatloaf again this week. I want to try the crockpot one but I can't get him off the cheeseburger!!!!
I love hearing that!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:46 PM   #49
Certified Pretend Chef

I made this tonight. It turned out great. SO tells me it's a keeper. I agree.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:51 PM   #50
Sous Chef

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it. Thanks for letting me know.

Tags
None