Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
This is really simple to make and looks like you spent a long time making it. My family just loves this meatloaf. Makes great sandwiches the next day.
Enjoy! Debbie
_____

BACON CHEESEBURGER MEATLOAF

img_537728_0_564c1796a64f8aa307490296ae4ad739.jpg

2 pound(s) GROUND BEEF
1/2 cup(s) BREAD CRUMBS, ITALIAN STYLE
1/4 cup(s) ONION; Minced.
1/4 cup(s) CELERY; Minced.
2 tablespoon(s) GREEN BELL PEPPER; Minced.
2 tablespoon(s) RED BELL PEPPER; Minced.
1 tablespoon(s) GARLIC; Minced.
2 tablespoon(s) GREEN ONIONS; Minced.
2 tablespoon(s) PARSLEY FLAKES
2 EGGS
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) SALT
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) BLACK PEPPER
2 cup(s) CHEDDAR CHEESE; Shredded.
1/2 cup(s) BACON; Cooked And Crumbled.
_____

In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, onions, celery, bell peppers, garlic, green onions, parsley, eggs, salt and pepper.
Mix well.
On a piece of wax paper, shape meat mixture into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle.
Spread cheese over the meat, leaving a 3/4 inch border around the edges.
Sprinkle bacon over cheese.
Roll the meat in a jellyroll fashion to enclose the filling and form a pinwheel loaf.
Pinch both ends to enclose the cheese.
Place in a 10" x 15" baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
When done, sprinkle with additional cheese or spread with ketchup and mustard to taste.
_____

MM I don't know that we would have leftovers!
Thank you Debbie you always have something great to share.

ummmmm....

YUM!

making meatloaf tonite, but its already in the over! wish i had seen this thread first for this fabulous idea. oh well, maybe next time.

Oh wow! You're killing me!

I know a true foodie shouldn't ever diet, but I gained 15 lbs in 4 months at my new sit-down job (after tending bar 12 years). I'm DEFINITELY making this on our next "reward" night.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh wow! You're killing me!

I know a true foodie shouldn't ever diet, but I gained 15 lbs in 4 months at my new sit-down job (after tending bar 12 years). I'm DEFINITELY making this on our next "reward" night.

Thanks for sharing.

Good luck on your diet and hope you enjoy the meatloaf on your next "reward" night.

This looks so good that I immediately copied and pasted it to MC. Now I'm starving.

Thank you! :)

Looks great, got a recipe? And whats the yellow stuff on the side? Looks almost like a pureed squash, I am assuming it is the sauce.

Looks great, got a recipe? And whats the yellow stuff on the side? Looks almost like a pureed squash, I am assuming it is the sauce.

yea it's just puree'd butternut squash.

the recipe is pretty basic, in a bowl combine:

1.25 lbs ground pork
1.25 lbs ground beef
1 onion, minced
2 carrots, peeled, minced
2 celery stalks, minced
1 tbspn cilantro
1/4 to 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
1 tbspn romano cheese

for the sauce:
combine 1 small can tomatoe paste with 16 oz of water and 2 diced roma tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. season with salt and oregano. set aside.

- grease a loaf pan, and add 1/2 of the mixture.
- spread on a layer of ketchup just enough to glaze the top.
- add the second half of the mixture and pack tightly, being sure to press down on all sides making a small mound.

bake in preheated over at 365 for approx. 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 155 degrees

10 minutes before the loaf is done, spread the sauce over the top. add a squirt of ketchup and spread that on as well.

let stand 10 minutes. Drain fat. cut loaf while it is in the pan to prevent it from falling apart

jerseyjay14, That is a real pretty meatloaf. I bet it taste good also. Thanks for the recipe I will have to try it.

Thanks Barbara. I sure enjoy it.

Thanks for the recipe and pics, Ol-blue. Sounds like great comfort food during this cold snap. (And leftover meatloaf sandwiches for lunch!!!!)

Ok Debbie the hamburger is thawing, Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf is on the menu!
It was between this and the crock-pot one. We'll try that next week I guess!
I'm out of celery but I'm sure it's edible without it.
I'm wondering if leftovers (should there be any) would freeze alright?

Last edited:
I rarely put celery in anything, unless it's soup or stock then I leave the stalks whole so I can pick them out. I just can't stomach the taste of the stuff for some reason. Too healthy I guess!

What I do though is substitute celery salt for some of the regular salt the recipe calls for, and that introduces the flavor a bit. This would be perfect for a meatloaf recipe that doesn't "depend" so much on the celery.

I rarely put celery in anything, unless it's soup or stock then I leave the stalks whole so I can pick them out. I just can't stomach the taste of the stuff for some reason. Too healthy I guess!

What I do though is substitute celery salt for some of the regular salt the recipe calls for, and that introduces the flavor a bit. This would be perfect for a meatloaf recipe that doesn't "depend" so much on the celery.

I don't care for celery either. I chop it up real fine for soups, stews and pot roasts and by the time it's done, there's no flavor left in the celery and most of it has disolved.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom