Bacon Wrapped Steaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
What is the best way to prepare them?
Never having the bright idea to attempt making them either.It just sounds good today.Not that I can eat today.Been really sick.But everyone else has to eat.

I've seen broiled,grilled pan seared and one other method that I can't think of off hand right now.

What's the best way?It can be put off until tomorrow.There is no hurry.

Thank you

BTW: These are Ribeye's..Smoked Bacon.

Munky.

Last edited:
Monky, I can't imagine doing it with rib-eyes (my favorite cut btw).

I've only done it with thick cut fillet. You simply wrap a slice of bacon around it and secure with string or a toothpick. Season the meat and use a screaming hot iron skillet, rolling the bacon part in the skillet first to render some fat and finishing the flat sides. Delish!!

I'm so sorry you've been sick........feel better soon so you can enjoy the food.

Last edited:
I agree with Kayelle. It's usually done with tenderloin because that cut is very lean and benefits from the fat provided by the bacon. It would also be difficult to get the bacon to adhere to the irregular sides of a ribeye.

Glad you're feeling better.

I did it again...See how out of it I am?

The Rib eye's are the end cuts that our butcher sent over.They're close to an inch thick.It's from an order for steaks that was put in where they specifically said they didn't want the end cuts.Silly people. Ends are the best.I always call first dibs on them.But hey, if it were me putting that kind of money down on steaks that order wouldn't be wrong come time to pick the cases up.

I figured that because they are the end pieces that it could possibly work.
Easier to tie,cook quick without ruining them. It was just an idea.These guys are starving.Poor things.

Grilled they will be.
Thank you for the help.

Munky.

Omaha Steaks sells bacon wrapped fillet mignons and sirloins. They also sell bacon wrapped pork chops, which I think is redundant.

I did it again...See how out of it I am?

The Rib eye's are the end cuts that our butcher sent over.They're close to an inch thick.It's from an order for steaks that was put in where they specifically said they didn't want the end cuts.Silly people. Ends are the best.I always call first dibs on them.But hey, if it were me putting that kind of money down on steaks that order wouldn't be wrong come time to pick the cases up.

I figured that because they are the end pieces that it could possibly work.
Easier to tie,cook quick without ruining them. It was just an idea.These guys are starving.Poor things.

Grilled they will be.
Thank you for the help.

Munky.

Rib Eye end cut?

What is the best way to prepare them?
Never having the bright idea to attempt making them either.It just sounds good today.Not that I can eat today.Been really sick.But everyone else has to eat.

I've seen broiled,grilled pan seared and one other method that I can't think of off hand right now.

What's the best way?It can be put off until tomorrow.There is no hurry.

Thank you

BTW: These are Ribeye's..Smoked Bacon.

Munky.

With a rib eye, I think that bacon largoons would be a better bet for adding that smoky flavor to the meat. Cut the bacon into slivers, make small slits with a paring knife in parts of the meat that have little marblins, and insert the lardoons. Grill over hot charcoal, or broil. Before cooking, season with S & P. If you have left over bacon, cut into half-inch chunks, fry until still somewhat limp, and add to baked beans, or doctored canned beans, or fry until crisp and add to whole-kernal corn, or green beans.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Omaha Steaks sells bacon wrapped fillet mignons and sirloins. They also sell bacon wrapped pork chops, which I think is redundant.
Not necessarily. If it is the large part of a loin chop, they can get pretty dry......and, thanks. You just gave me an idea for the meat shop. We sometimes get roug ends to our back loins and end up grinding them all. If I can get 3 or 4 big enough meaty pieces out of them, I can wrap them in bacon and put them in the counter.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. If it is the large part of a loin chop, they can get pretty dry......and, thanks. You just gave me an idea for the meat shop. We sometimes get roug ends to our back loins and end up grinding them all. If I can get 3 or 4 big enough meaty pieces out of them, I can wrap them in bacon and put them in the counter.

Good idea Rock. For my Dad's meat case, he would also make bacon wrapped ground lamb patties. They looked beautiful, and sold well.

Back
Top Bottom