Balsamic vinegar in burgers = Super Delicious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sydfan

Senior Cook
Super Delicious!!!!!!!!!! It actually intensifies the natural beef flavor. Maybe this is an old trick....I have never heard of it or tried it until recently.

Does anyone else do this?

:chef:

Willhave to try this! I dash in some worcestershire, but this sounds like a nice variation!! Thanks for the idea!!! :)

I've been using blasamic vinegar to finish my steaks off recently. I don't know why I started doing it. Maybe I was out of A-1 or something (I'm putting on my flame resistant suit right now.) but it really changed the flavor of the beef. Intensified it a lot! I'll definitely have to try it in my next batch of burgers!!!

I've been using blasamic vinegar to finish my steaks off recently. I don't know why I started doing it. Maybe I was out of A-1 or something (I'm putting on my flame resistant suit right now.) but it really changed the flavor of the beef. Intensified it a lot! I'll definitely have to try it in my next batch of burgers!!!
Sorry for my ignorance but can you clarify how you use the balsamic to "finish off" your steaks? It sounds so delicious and I'm anxious to try this but have only recently learned to make steaks at all. TIA

wow, home chef, before i read your name, i saw your avatar and wondered when the heck i posted today.

don't do that to me. i'm not really all that sure of reality as it is...

Great, I had that Police song stuck in my head for 3 days last week, it finally just left on Saturday.
Now it's back!!!!!! Is all I have to say to you......
I've been playing with putting differnt stuff in my burgers, I'll have to try that. I used A1, worcestershire and soy last week.

Yea, I changed my avatar last night. I didn't realize yours was the same one LOL.

As far as using balsamic to finish off the steak, after I let it rest for about 5 minutes I hit it with a dash of the balsamic. Truthfully, a good and well prepared steak doesn't really need any help but I just like the taste.

lol, no prob, zach.

how's leela? :)

you should meet our crewsk...

collegehumor.5927ed3341c604d3f803a6935f5dc881.png

getting back: i guess it depends on how often you eat beef, but if it's often enough you'll need the extras. i was just talking with an engineer that was raised in oklahoma (about food, of course. what else do you think we talk about? it ain't diagnostic ports and data packets, i can assure you :-p), and he is thrilled to be on the east coast so he could get really fresh seafood, all of the time. apparently he was raised on beef, 4 to 5 times a week. :huh:

balsamic vinegar helps a lot of stuff. i put it in my veggie stuffed trout, on salads, of course, and on various cuts of pork.

thanks for the reminder syd. :chef:

Last edited:
Home Chef, I tried putting the some balsamic vinegar on our steaks last night and it was delicious! Normally, I only season with salt and pepper so this was a very nice change. Thanks!

Oh, I know Crewsk pretty well;) We share a lot of the same interests outside of cooking. We tried to meet up once in ATL but it never happened. No biggie though. She hasn't been around here much lately though.

Fisher's Mom, glad you liked the suggestion!

Just curious, how much do you add to a pound of burger ? Would love to try this. Thanks for sharing !
I would say no more than 2 TBS per pound. I just added a dash to each patty as I formed it and they were probably 1/3 pound patties.

Are there different strenghts of Balsamic vinegar? I test tasted some in a specialty store and it about took my breath away. It had such a strong flavor and it was a very dark color.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom