Beef and Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshuadavid

Assistant Cook
i made a beer marinade and you can tell there's beer in it don't get me wrong when i say beer is good but steak that tastes like beer i dont know? You guys try it out and tell me what you think.

skirt steak
bottle of fav. beer(darker the better)
brown sugar 2+ tablespoon
seasoned salt 1teaspoon
black pepper 1 teaspoon
garlic power1 teaspoon
Worcestershire sauce 2+ tablespoons

Recipe looks good! Yeah, beef and beer are a very classic combo. I'm less sure about the combination of beer and Worchestershire. Maybe beer and steak sauce?

I like to drink beer and eat beef, so why not cook with it too? :) We're going to try a French Onion soup recipe using my favorite beer, Guinness Extra Stout next time we make it ... I can't wait ... mmmmmmm. We used the Extra Stout for Beer Brats one time, but the flavor of the beer overpowered the brats, so hopefully with the onion soup's other strong flavors, it won't conquer it.

I just made turkey and used beer for marinade, I guess that was all I had in the fridge, it did not come out as nice as would like it to be. It did have beerish taste to it. I did not like it. So I see your point.

Sounds like an interesting mix. I prefer wine for marinades. I once tried marinating with mustard as one of the marinade ingredients and did not like the results. I used cheap mustard (that wasn't tasty enough for any other uses) and could really taste it in the final product.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom