Beef Flanken Short Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JGDean

Sous Chef
I got several pounds of these on sale to make stock but the cashier thought that would be a waste and why wouldn't I grill them with tereyaki sauce. What would you do with them? They are sliced rather thin.

I'd braise them like a pot roast with carrots, onions, mushrooms. Then serve them with their gravy over garlic mashed potatoes.

I got several pounds of these on sale to make stock but the cashier thought that would be a waste and why wouldn't I grill them with tereyaki sauce. What would you do with them? They are sliced rather thin.

Smart cashier!!! :)

Most don't know an apple from a Flank Steak :rolleyes:

You can always use the bones afterwards to make your stock.

I wasn't familiar with that cut.. I too think using them for stock might be a waste. You have good quality meat on the bone. Maybe something like this I found on my search..
Short Ribs Braised in Beer Recipe: Recipes: RecipeTips.com

crock pot

i put these in crock pot and cook til tender. before i cook them put bbq sauce and sliced onions on them.have some cooking right now that i just turned down to warm. dinner with rice and veg?

babe

Marinate teriyaki sauce, minced garlic, sugar, sesame oil, (ground pear: optional), chunks of onions and mushrooms. You can later grill/oven/pan fry it and will have Korean barbecue.

Back
Top Bottom