Beef Pasties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those look yummy S&P :)
We just call them pies in SA. All that's missing from that pic is some salt and vinegar doused French Fries wrapped in newspaper !

Sir_Loin_of_Beef said:
Beef pasties? Is that what Lady Gaga wears under her meat dress, in case of a nip slip?

Laughing!

I missed that until Snip brought it my attention.

What do they say... "Sick minds think alike?"

39817-albums888-picture5066.jpg

They look fabulous Joey...nothing like a good homemade pasty :yum:

Sorry, I never posted the recipe. I used pie dough. The filling is leftover roast beef (rare) cut into 1/4 inch cubes, cooked potatoes cut into, corrots, celery, onions and spices. I then add beef gravy to the veggies to keep the filling moist. Stuff the pastry and bake until well browned. Add more gravy and start munching. Always liked cubed beef instead of ground, but thats your choice.

You guys are all to young and hip for me with the Lady GaGa stuff. :mad:

When I opened the thread I was expecting to see Blaze Starr with a couple of chuck roasts hanging from her.....................

Uh, Well, Never mind. ;)

This isn't S&P's recipe, but I posted this recipe for Cornish Pasties a while back:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/cornish-pasties-ala-steve-78441.html

It's pretty authentic, as I based it on a recipe published by the Cornish Pasty Association (yep, there really is such a thing). Their original recipe can be found here:
http://www.cornishpastyassociation.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/recipe.pdf

It doesn't have gravy (when it comes to pasties, I'm a ketchup guy myself) but that would be a nice addition.

Last edited:
Zagut said:
You guys are all to young and hip for me with the Lady GaGa stuff. :mad:

When I opened the thread I was expecting to see Blaze Starr with a couple of chuck roasts hanging from her.....................

Uh, Well, Never mind. ;)

Laughing Laughing Laughing!

Oh my gosh! I just experienced the most bizarre mental image!

Thanks Zagut...(I think) Blink!

;/

Back
Top Bottom