Beef Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goodgiver

Senior Cook
I have a lot of Beef Ribs. Can anybody tell me what I can so with them for supper tonight I really do not want to freeze them. Thanks in advance:)

1) crock pot em with your favorite bbq sauce
2) put in a roasting pan with some onion and garlic and broth, season, cover with foil, slow oven (275) for several hours, place on rack, brush on bbq sauce, and roast at higher temp uncovered 1/2 hour.
3) season and place on your smoker/bbq off the heat and slow bbq for several hours, brush with sauce every 1/2 hour after the first 2 hours.
4) although they are not short ribs, they can be cooked the same way to good effect. In a large dutch oven season and brown the ribs in olive oil and add 1/4d onions, garlic cloves, chopped celery, sliced carrot and parsnip, broth and dry white or red wine to cover 1/2 way, a can of diced tomato, and a glob of tomato paste. herbs can be thyme or marjoram. (also a bay leaf and parsley) simmer in 325 oven covered for 2-2 1/2 hours. Add wedges of potato the last 45 min. check for tenderness, skim off fat, adjust seasoning, thicken broth if you want to with a corn starch or arrow root slurry or instant flour.

enjoy em...yum

I like number 2 from the above. Rub the seasoning, put them in the oven, maybe even lower than 275, say 250, cook overnight +, say 12 hours, fire up the grill and finish them on the very hot grill, basting ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce.

Back
Top Bottom