Beef Short Ribs 'boneless'...help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey everyone!

I was at the store yesturday, and saw these, and thought i'd buy them and ask you all how i should cook it. I've never cooked any kind or ribs before, so i'm clueless:wacko:...

Thank you!:chef:

do you have a crock pot? if not, you can do this in a large, heavy bottomed pot on the stovetop, but the slow cooker is easier.

if so, then rub them with a spice mix, or even just salt and pepper. brown them on all sides in some olive oil.

layer a sliced onion and some celery into the bottom of the crock pot, then place the browned ribs on top.

deglaze the pan used to brown the chops with some red wine, scraping up the brown stuff on the bottom and add this to the crock.

pour about half of the rest of the bottle of red wine in, set crock pot to high, and let them braise for about 3 hours, until they're tender.

when done, take out the meat and veggies, pour the remaining liquid into a saute pan, reduce a little, add some butter and a slurry to thicken it. serve meat with the veggies, with the gravy as an accompaniment.

and there you go. red wine braise ribs short ribs in gravy.

Thanks BuckyTom! That sounds like a good idea! We don't have any red wine right now, but I will try to get some soon. Just for future refference, can i make BBQ ribs with these, even though they're boneless?

Yes you can. We used to coat the ribs with BBQ sauce and place in the crockpot and slow cook for about 8 hours. Very tender and tasty, unless you don't like a lot of BBQ sauce on your ribs.

I have never actually tried to shorten the cook time on them. Part of the reason you let them go on low for 8 hours is to get them nice and tender. I think shortening up the time will not give you the desired effect and you will be disappointed with the finished product.
One thing you can try is 4 hours in the slow cooker, then foil wrap and place in the oven for about 40 minutes at 350. It will finish cooking them faster, seal in the juices, and caramelize the BBQ very nicely.

Yes you can. We used to coat the ribs with BBQ sauce and place in the crockpot and slow cook for about 8 hours. Very tender and tasty, unless you don't like a lot of BBQ sauce on your ribs.

This is what my wife does and they're AMAZING! Make sure to pick a BBQ sauce you like (or make your own) because that's what it ends up tasting like.

Back
Top Bottom