Beef Shoulder Clod Recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
I have a 2.3 lb string tied beef shoulder clod. I have searched the internet for recipe ideas and could not turn up much. Any of you good folks have an TNT simple recipe ideas? If not... I'm just gonna let my instincts take over! Can I use just about any roast recipe?

TIA!

OHHHHH.. This is for Sunday dinner... so chop chop!!!

Sorry... don't mean to be so pushy! :)

OK, I've never heard that term before. What exactly is a "clod"? And if its a hunk o' beef, I would say pot roast that baby. Or try that bourguignon recipe that has popped up lately.

OK, I've never heard that term before. What exactly is a "clod"? And if its a hunk o' beef, I would say pot roast that baby. Or try that bourguignon recipe that has popped up lately.

Sorry Alix.. it had this long name.. Beef chuck shoulder clod cross rib roast.... can you believe that??!!?

From what I found, it stated that a moist cooking method would be best. So I'm thinking the basics... carrots, taters, onion, celery, garlic... beef stock, red wine. Season the meat with s&p and sear. Lightly saute veggies, add clod back and liquids.... cook at 300 for a couple of hours.

Wow. Seriously. OK, pot roast baby! Or ask pdswife how her roast bourguignon went.

Thanks Alix... I recall seeing that thread. I will take a look at that and see if that tickles my fancy!!

Back
Top Bottom