Best recipe for burgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pepperoni Pizza Burger --- grilled burger covered with pepperoni, Mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce.

This is as close as I can get to a picture of what I have. Mine are wavy edged like these, but thicker.

looks like what i just threw away. they came in a bag.don't remember the brand, they shrunk to nothing and tasted just awful. been in freezer for three months and never had one since the first one. so out they went, i will use the ones i formed myself from bulk ground beef. sometimes Von's has three pound package for great price. i form some in patty, some in larger chunks for spag. or meat loaf for company dinners.gonna make a toned down version of spag. this week end. my daughter can't handle anything different. she is picky eater. says my spicier spag. gives her a stomach ache. oh, well.

Hmmm doubt they are the same then babe. Mine don't shrink at all, they came in a box, and are black angus beef. They are delish.

looks like what i just threw away. they came in a bag.don't remember the brand, they shrunk to nothing and tasted just awful. been in freezer for three months and never had one since the first one. so out they went, i will use the ones i formed myself from bulk ground beef. sometimes Von's has three pound package for great price. i form some in patty, some in larger chunks for spag. or meat loaf for company dinners.gonna make a toned down version of spag. this week end. my daughter can't handle anything different. she is picky eater. says my spicier spag. gives her a stomach ache. oh, well.

I form all of my ground beef into burger patties. If I want to make something else I just take out enough, if not I still have frozen burgers ready.

I form all of my ground beef into burger patties. If I want to make something else I just take out enough, if not I still have frozen burgers ready.

I do the same. I buy 5-6 pound packages of ground beef and make half-pound portions that I individually wrap and freeze. Two packs give me a pound for a recipe or burgers for SO and me. I find this the handiest way for me.

Ground Chuck (~85% Lean). Salt & Pepper. Charcoal Grill.
Thin 1/3 pound patties that contract a bit to just greater than the diameter of the roll.
Cook to medium (band of pink in the center).
Buttered and grilled Kaiser Rolls.
Raw yellow onion, half-sour dill pickle chips, farmhouse mustard, ketchup.

My favorite food.

First time at a Wendy's, on a bet, me wighing in at 139 lbs. soaking wet, I ate 2 Wendy's triples, a bowl of chili, and two orders of fries. Had a Frosty to wash it down. The friend was so impressed, he payed for it all. At that time in my life, I was so active that I would work or play that off in a day's worth of activities. Oh to be twenty again.:ROFLMAO:

I still stand by a 1/2 lb. of freshly formed patty (with my two hands), some grilled cremini mushrooms (sliced), a bit of pickle relish, and ketchup, or salsa. The burger has to be grilled over charcoal to medium (there's that slightly pink center again) seasoned with a light sprinkling of salt, and cooked with the lid on to capture all of that smokey flavor from fat dripping onto the hot coals. Serve on a slightly toasted (on the grill) whole wheat kaiser roll, and topped with the shrooms, pickle relish, a slice vine ripened tomato from my garden, and a bit of iceberg, yes, iceberg lettuce, for the crunch. For the cheese, it has to be an aged swiss.

Yep, that's the one, unless I'm in Olympia, WA. I had a rare hamburger there that was as good as any steak I've ever had, anywhere. It was amazing and I haven't been able to duplicate it yet.
Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Caramelize some onions and then mix into burgers before shaping. Create a hollow in the middle of each and stuff with provolone or mozzarella. Add more burger mixture to cover the hollow. (essentially you are creating a cheese stuffed burger patty) Cook and EAT. :) Oh, and by the way, these taste best when served on a toasted kaiser that has been brushed with garlic butter. Mmmm.

I call it a "French Onion Soup" burger and it is AMAZING. (*note* i do this technique with veggie "burger" meat because I dont eat beef, but I have made these w/ beef for friends and relatives and it is always a hit)

I've been trying lots of different cuts of beef for burgers. While chuck and sirloin are okay, they just don't have that beefy flavor I crave. Not long ago I had my butcher grind a whole tri-tip roast. It was exactly what I was looking for. Amazing flavor, juicy, and tender. It's probably a 75/25 mix and they do shrink a bit so I always make them about a third of a pound and quite a bit bigger than the bun so when they are cooked, they fit the bun perfectly. And since I have it ground fresh, I have no concerns about cooking them medium rare. Yum.

First time at a Wendy's, on a bet, me wighing in at 139 lbs. soaking wet, I ate 2 Wendy's triples, a bowl of chili, and two orders of fries. Had a Frosty to wash it down.

wow, i thought i was good. my dad would have called you a true garbage belly.

that reminded me of when i was in high school, i used to work the late shift/cleanup in a burger king in the next town over, on the border of alpine, nj.
eddie murphy used to live in alpine, and would stop by after doing a late taping of saturday night live on his way home. i remember he'd drive up in a beautiful little red 944, and knock on the closed takeout window.

we'd make him these gigantic 5 and 6 patty whoppers, and fill a bag with fries, and he'd toss us a coupla twenties for us to pocket since the place technically was closed. then we'd make one for ourselves and chow down.

ahh, the good old days when you could eat 5000 calories and burn it off by the next afternoon's workout.

Back
Top Bottom