Best Way To Cook Steak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now it is showing me that there is one more page, but when I click the "7", it brings me to the top of the same page, page 6.

IMO - There are plenty of different ways to cook a steak; as to which is the best way, that's a personal decision.......... you just have to try different methods and decide what's the one for you....... :yum:

Lol, Aunt Bea. Luckytrim, I guess I was looking for the best method and for how long to cook a steak in order to have it rare, medium or well done. Lately I have been starting with a hot, dry frying pan, rubbing the steak with oil and then frying it for the desired length of time. It works, provided I don't reheat it for too long if it goes cold, but I would like to try grilling/broiling.

Gillian

Lol, Aunt Bea. Luckytrim, I guess I was looking for the best method and for how long to cook a steak in order to have it rare, medium or well done. Lately I have been starting with a hot, dry frying pan, rubbing the steak with oil and then frying it for the desired length of time. It works, provided I don't reheat it for too long if it goes cold, but I would like to try grilling/broiling.

Gillian

Generally, 5 minutes per side over hot charcoal will get you what you're looking for, depending on the thickness of the steak. That being said, and instant-read thermometer is your best friend. 125 - 130 will give you rare, sometimes called blue, with 135 giving you medium rare, 140 - medium, 145 - medium well, and above 150 for well done.

Here's a site that explains it better - https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/kitchen/doneness.php

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Sounds like you're talking about what we call cooking on a barbeque. I think your word for our 'grilling' is 'broiling' - done on a rack in a grill pan under a grill element in a cooker - that's why I wrote 'grilling/broiling in my last post.

Gillian

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom