"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef

Old 04-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #11
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmet Greg View Post
I presume for the Bleu Cheese Stuffed Burger you just mold your ground beef around a hunk of cheese?
Yup, just 2 Tbsp. and molded the two thin patties together.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishedTopaz View Post
Yup, just 2 Tbsp. and molded the two thin patties together.
Sounds good!

Old 04-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Back in the 80's I worked at a fine dining night club. We had a stuffed beef, tenderloin fillet on the menu with choice of blue or sharp cheddar cheese. The burger is a great idea, looks great!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm lazy, I usually just scatter a handful of BC over the top of a burger. Beef and blue go so well together.

Your post inspired me to get some BC crumbles today. Now, all I have to do is thaw some burger meat.

Thanks for the idea!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I'm lazy, I usually just scatter a handful of BC over the top of a burger. Beef and blue go so well together.
They do!

Lest nobody forget, you can make BC butter by blending BC:butter 1:4 or like it like it, 1:2. Goes well on steaks, vegetables, etc. (Example of 1:2, one ounce of blue cheese blended with 2 ounces of butter.) Let both ingredients soften to the vicinity of room temperature before blending. Then chill before serving.

Not for those who faint at the thought of eating 1 milligram of fat...
Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmet Greg View Post
They do!

Lest nobody forget, you can make BC butter by blending BC:butter 1:4 or like it like it, 1:2. Goes well on steaks, vegetables, etc. (Example of 1:2, one ounce of blue cheese blended with 2 ounces of butter.) Let both ingredients soften to the vicinity of room temperature before blending. Then chill before serving.

Not for those who faint at the thought of eating 1 milligram of fat...
I did that yesterday. I was inspired by PolishedTopaz's post and made some compound butter with Danish blue cheese and roasted garlic. I put it on a tasty, but tough rib steak. It was good. I can't remember ever hearing of putting blue cheese on beef before. I don't buy it often, but I had just picked some up. It was Danish and on sale.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #17
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post

Your post inspired me to get some BC crumbles today. Now, all I have to do is thaw some burger meat.

Thanks for the idea!
Your very welcome! Do post a picture of the results. It would be great to see someone elses creation too.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I ... made some compound butter with Danish blue cheese and roasted garlic. I put it on a tasty, but tough rib steak. It was good. I can't remember ever hearing of putting blue cheese on beef before...
You can even put on tender steaks! It's allowed!

We should have a topic on herb butters.. They're great on meat, chicken, fish, vegetables, almost anything...
Old 04-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #19
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I did that yesterday. I was inspired by PolishedTopaz's post and made some compound butter with Danish blue cheese and roasted garlic. I put it on a tasty, but tough rib steak. It was good. I can't remember ever hearing of putting blue cheese on beef before. I don't buy it often, but I had just picked some up. It was Danish and on sale.

So happy that I inspired you to try something new! It's too bad that the steak was not up to par. If there is any leftover CB it can be frozen for future use.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishedTopaz View Post
So happy that I inspired you to try something new! It's too bad that the steak was not up to par. If there is any leftover CB it can be frozen for future use.
I hadn't thought of freezing it. I'll keep that in mind. Right now it's in the fridge in wax paper. I will be trying it on other stuff and I don't think I will need to freeze it this time.

Tags
cheese