"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #11
Sous Chef
 
PolishedTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: East End of Long Island
Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmet Greg View Post
I presume for the Bleu Cheese Stuffed Burger you just mold your ground beef around a hunk of cheese?
Yup, just 2 Tbsp. and molded the two thin patties together.
__________________

__________________
Just because someone tells you that you can't do something doesn't mean you have to listen.
PolishedTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: here
Posts: 3,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishedTopaz View Post
Yup, just 2 Tbsp. and molded the two thin patties together.
Sounds good!
__________________

__________________
Greg Who Cooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Back in the 80's I worked at a fine dining night club. We had a stuffed beef, tenderloin fillet on the menu with choice of blue or sharp cheddar cheese. The burger is a great idea, looks great!
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
I'm lazy, I usually just scatter a handful of BC over the top of a burger. Beef and blue go so well together.

Your post inspired me to get some BC crumbles today. Now, all I have to do is thaw some burger meat.

Thanks for the idea!
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #15
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: here
Posts: 3,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I'm lazy, I usually just scatter a handful of BC over the top of a burger. Beef and blue go so well together.
They do!

Lest nobody forget, you can make BC butter by blending BC:butter 1:4 or like it like it, 1:2. Goes well on steaks, vegetables, etc. (Example of 1:2, one ounce of blue cheese blended with 2 ounces of butter.) Let both ingredients soften to the vicinity of room temperature before blending. Then chill before serving.

Not for those who faint at the thought of eating 1 milligram of fat...
__________________
Greg Who Cooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,893
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmet Greg View Post
They do!

Lest nobody forget, you can make BC butter by blending BC:butter 1:4 or like it like it, 1:2. Goes well on steaks, vegetables, etc. (Example of 1:2, one ounce of blue cheese blended with 2 ounces of butter.) Let both ingredients soften to the vicinity of room temperature before blending. Then chill before serving.

Not for those who faint at the thought of eating 1 milligram of fat...
I did that yesterday. I was inspired by PolishedTopaz's post and made some compound butter with Danish blue cheese and roasted garlic. I put it on a tasty, but tough rib steak. It was good. I can't remember ever hearing of putting blue cheese on beef before. I don't buy it often, but I had just picked some up. It was Danish and on sale.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #17
Sous Chef
 
PolishedTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: East End of Long Island
Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I'm lazy, I usually just scatter a handful of BC over the top of a burger. Beef and blue go so well together.

Your post inspired me to get some BC crumbles today. Now, all I have to do is thaw some burger meat.

Thanks for the idea!
Your very welcome! Do post a picture of the results. It would be great to see someone elses creation too.
__________________
Just because someone tells you that you can't do something doesn't mean you have to listen.
PolishedTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #18
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: here
Posts: 3,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I ... made some compound butter with Danish blue cheese and roasted garlic. I put it on a tasty, but tough rib steak. It was good. I can't remember ever hearing of putting blue cheese on beef before...
You can even put on tender steaks! It's allowed!

We should have a topic on herb butters.. They're great on meat, chicken, fish, vegetables, almost anything...
__________________
Greg Who Cooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #19
Sous Chef
 
PolishedTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: East End of Long Island
Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I did that yesterday. I was inspired by PolishedTopaz's post and made some compound butter with Danish blue cheese and roasted garlic. I put it on a tasty, but tough rib steak. It was good. I can't remember ever hearing of putting blue cheese on beef before. I don't buy it often, but I had just picked some up. It was Danish and on sale.

So happy that I inspired you to try something new! It's too bad that the steak was not up to par. If there is any leftover CB it can be frozen for future use.
__________________
Just because someone tells you that you can't do something doesn't mean you have to listen.
PolishedTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,893
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishedTopaz View Post
So happy that I inspired you to try something new! It's too bad that the steak was not up to par. If there is any leftover CB it can be frozen for future use.
I hadn't thought of freezing it. I'll keep that in mind. Right now it's in the fridge in wax paper. I will be trying it on other stuff and I don't think I will need to freeze it this time.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cheese

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.