Bleu Cheese Stuffed Burger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks DELICIOUS! !! Wish I was snacking on THAT! I love blue cheese and that lime butter on corn sounds really good too.

That looks DELICIOUS! !! Wish I was snacking on THAT! I love blue cheese and that lime butter on corn sounds really good too.

Lime butter on corn is to DIE for, I have given thought to other citrus zests in this way, but, I don't think they would stand up as well to this type of savory application.

Last edited:
Polished Topaz,

HAPPY EASTER HOLIDAYS ... I am not much of a fast food Burger woman, however; this is NOT fast food ... this looks divino, and I love Gorgonzola ! and I only eat my beef rare ... so this I noticed !

I also like your take on the corn ... shall give it a go when we return to the loft.

Thanks for posting.
Margi. Cintrano.

Last edited:
Back in the 80's I worked at a fine dining night club. We had a stuffed beef, tenderloin fillet on the menu with choice of blue or sharp cheddar cheese. The burger is a great idea, looks great!

I'm lazy, I usually just scatter a handful of BC over the top of a burger. Beef and blue go so well together.

Your post inspired me to get some BC crumbles today. Now, all I have to do is thaw some burger meat.

Thanks for the idea!

I'm lazy, I usually just scatter a handful of BC over the top of a burger. Beef and blue go so well together.
They do!

Lest nobody forget, you can make BC butter by blending BC:butter 1:4 or like it like it, 1:2. Goes well on steaks, vegetables, etc. (Example of 1:2, one ounce of blue cheese blended with 2 ounces of butter.) Let both ingredients soften to the vicinity of room temperature before blending. Then chill before serving.

Not for those who faint at the thought of eating 1 milligram of fat...

Last edited:
They do!

Lest nobody forget, you can make BC butter by blending BC:butter 1:4 or like it like it, 1:2. Goes well on steaks, vegetables, etc. (Example of 1:2, one ounce of blue cheese blended with 2 ounces of butter.) Let both ingredients soften to the vicinity of room temperature before blending. Then chill before serving.

Not for those who faint at the thought of eating 1 milligram of fat...

I did that yesterday. I was inspired by PolishedTopaz's post and made some compound butter with Danish blue cheese and roasted garlic. I put it on a tasty, but tough rib steak. It was good. I can't remember ever hearing of putting blue cheese on beef before. I don't buy it often, but I had just picked some up. It was Danish and on sale. :)

Your post inspired me to get some BC crumbles today. Now, all I have to do is thaw some burger meat.

Thanks for the idea!

Your very welcome! Do post a picture of the results. It would be great to see someone elses creation too.;)

I ... made some compound butter with Danish blue cheese and roasted garlic. I put it on a tasty, but tough rib steak. It was good. I can't remember ever hearing of putting blue cheese on beef before...
You can even put on tender steaks! It's allowed!

We should have a topic on herb butters.. They're great on meat, chicken, fish, vegetables, almost anything...

I did that yesterday. I was inspired by PolishedTopaz's post and made some compound butter with Danish blue cheese and roasted garlic. I put it on a tasty, but tough rib steak. It was good. I can't remember ever hearing of putting blue cheese on beef before. I don't buy it often, but I had just picked some up. It was Danish and on sale. :)

:cool: :mrgreen: :cool: So happy that I inspired you to try something new! It's too bad that the steak was not up to par. If there is any leftover CB it can be frozen for future use.

:cool: :mrgreen: :cool: So happy that I inspired you to try something new! It's too bad that the steak was not up to par. If there is any leftover CB it can be frozen for future use.

I hadn't thought of freezing it. I'll keep that in mind. Right now it's in the fridge in wax paper. I will be trying it on other stuff and I don't think I will need to freeze it this time.

Back
Top Bottom