Boneless Beef Short Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpmcgrew

Executive Chef
:)Looking for a great boneless rib recipe not BBQ but something that will make a good amount of gravy along the lines of pot roast to serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.Its getting colder and I have a craving plus I got what I think a good deal on those ribs

Brown & Braise with S&P, garlic, a little onion, a splash of burgandy maybe, and any thing esle you like. When nice and tender, make a nice medium brown roux from flour and oil/butter/margarine. Using some of the braising liquid to make your gravy, serve with your egg noodles, smashed tators, or rice.

Enjoy!

I'm with Andy and UB on this one :) The only thing I'd add would be some garlic :LOL: We just had bone in short ribs but I made a beef veggie soup with them and it was great...
kadesma

I brown my beef in oil with salt and pepper. Take the browned ribs out and add sliced onion and cook until soft. Add whole garlic cloves, then deglaze with red wine. Re add your ribs, a can of whole tomatoes, an envelope of Onion soup mix (that will thicken the sauce and replace the need for a roux), some chicken broth and some whole grain dijon mustard. Simmer on top of the stove or in the oven until the ribs are fork tender.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom