Browning meatballs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first time I baked my meatballs in the oven, I never went back to sautéing them. Why make more work for myself? Once I started to do that, I also began to make more than needed with the extras going into the freezer. A doctored family size jar of sauce, some meatballs from the freezer and I had a quick Wednesday night meal on the table. :angel:

The first time I baked my meatballs in the oven, I never went back to sautéing them. Why make more work for myself? Once I started to do that, I also began to make more than needed with the extras going into the freezer. A doctored family size jar of sauce, some meatballs from the freezer and I had a quick Wednesday night meal on the table. :angel:

Because cooking is fun? :LOL:

Porcupine meatballs are hard to brown if the rice is raw. I usually par-boil the rice. I also brown them in the oven on parchment paper lightly coated with a tablespoon or two of olive oil, which helps brown them. I'm too lazy to turn them. I often bake them in the sauce in a 9x13, as they don't fall apart as easily. Give them space as they expand as the rice cooks in the tomato sauce. Gee, now I'm hungry for these. Haven't made them in years.

Back
Top Bottom