Burgers...How Do YOU Cook em?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Goodweed, I LOVE that picture! Is that your own grill?

I'd like to get a picture like that...my own grill, in a cavern of snow, with me standing there, BBQ tongs in hand, and the grill smoking away. I'd be wearing a parka, Ray-Bans, shorts and flip-flops. Holding a bottle of Corona.

That would make the best postcard!

--J

Mr Dove, I cannot imagine being anywhere with that much snow! Excellent! I imagine that if you live somewhere with frequent snowing, you just have to grill no matter the weather!

I grill, cuz I always can, cuz it is never to cold in Georgia!

Luckily my grill is on my deck, right outside of the dining room door.
We grill year round, (high winds or torrential downpours permitting).
My burgers are usually ground chuck, 85/15 lean to fat, well chilled. Then I mix in minced onion, jalopeno pepper, salt and black pepper to taste. Mix with hands just untill blended, do not over work. I like them grilled medium rare over direct heat, then topped with smoked provolone.

240Brickman; Yup, that's my grill. I have that bank on the West side to block the wind for me. It's nearly 6 foot tall now, as we got about another 18 inches between last Friday and Tuesday night. It works great. When the wind was howling and the snow dirfting into large piles in everone's yards, my grill area had only about a 8 inches of snow acumulate. And 8 inches is much easier to shovel than is 18 inches.:mrgreen: The real advantage is that I can maintain a more even cooking temerature on the Webber as the wind-block helps keep the air static. moving air cools the grill metal quickly, which in turn reduces the temperature under the cover.

All year grilling is possible in most climates. It just takes a little more work at my house.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

My dh grills all throught the winter - it's our fave Friday night thing to do. A few years ago, after a a nice bit of snow had fallen, some little boys on the other side of the back yard hedge smelled the Friday night lamb chops as they were cooking, and dh heard the one say to the other, "hey! what's that? smells good!", and the other say, "oh yeah, it's that crazy guy next door....he's nuts" Sandyj :)

it smelled so good tho, sandy.

we wouldn't think you were nuts if you shared it with us , ya know.

just kidding. whereabouts in joisey are you. i'm in the northeast, bergen county. we're not really having a winter this year, so grilling's been easy.

I don't eat red meat anymore, but people love my hamburgers. I cook
them on a gas grill and give them a splash of beer while they're grilling.

I marinate them an hour or two before cooking with the following:
*my favorite beer
*a few teaspoons of A1 per burger
*a tablespoon or more of ketchup per burger
*dash of pepper
*chopped onions mixed in
*tablespoon of bbq sauce per burger

Back
Top Bottom