Christmas roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
I couldn't get a shot of it cooked because my house was pretty nuts.

here it is going in the oven. A 7 rib prime rib roast. Aromatics were red onion, carrot, celery, garlic, fresh thyme, rosemary, evoo, beef stock and 1/2 a bottle of cabernet. For the rub, dried thyme and rosemary, kosher salt and black pepper. Made a slurry with evoo. I cooked it aat 350 for 4 hrs. I wound up with 13 medium rare prime rib steaks and about 2.5 cups of jus. The remote thermometer is awesome. I did want to mention, the pan I'm using is a non stick one that I bought not too long ago. The slippery surface is a little difficult using a rack and a heavy piece of meat. So be careful.:chef:

img_526017_0_ae50454ebeb44b8399f8dc14ebd1da1d.jpg

Last edited:
I'm drooling here, Jeekins. That looks gorgeous. What are the advantages of a remote thermometer versus one of those you shove in that has a big temperature dial at the end of it?

nice equipment Jeekinz! I'm on like my fourth or fifth probe thermometer. I love them! but they get banged up very easily. what kind did you get? I have cooper and they are all right but I'm looking for a better one.

how was the jus? looks nice.

I guess since the remote ones are digital you get a better reading. I'm definately going to pick up a Thermo-Pen like GB got one day. It's good to keep the door shut with this size meat though.

Thanks Fincher. I'll post the brand later (Uncle Bob has the same one) The jus was awesome.....a nice saltiness with the beef and wine flavors along with the herbs.

Back
Top Bottom