Country Style Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I Googled minute steaks and I see in the US what you call minute steaks are called tenderised steaks here. Wish things could just have one name in all countries :LOL:
So, what would you get at the butcher shop in S.A. if you asked for a minute steak?

So, what would you get at the butcher shop in S.A. if you asked for a minute steak?

I would get really thin round cuts of steak that have no fat and are not tenderised. They are mainly used for quick frying with breakfast. Pale looking things too :LOL:
Can't even find a picture on Google to show you.

Faster than a minuet steak...

Country style, chicken fried...whatever you like to call it, I love it! Dang now I want one!

Hey .40// Copied and printed.. Now not to stomp on your parade but I didn't have beef.. so I substituted Pork cutlets, cubed and then followed the recipe. YUMMY.
Others might want to try that too.. Thanks for sharing.

someone please help a yankee out.

would these really be called chicken fried steaks? the only chicken fried steaks that i know of are either deep fried, pan fried, or griddled, then topped with the gravy.

.40's recipe calls for braising, which would render a different texture. is it still called the same thing, y'all? :)

would these really be called chicken fried steaks? the only chicken fried steaks that i know of are either deep fried, pan fried, or griddled, then topped with the gravy.

.40's recipe calls for braising, which would render a different texture. is it still called the same thing, y'all? :)

I don't know of anyone that braised them. You quickly fry them after dredging them in seasoned flour, remove them from the pan, make a pan gravy with some of the seasoned flour and milk, scrapng up the fond and then returning the meat to the pan. To make the gravy, you drain some of the fat and then brown about a tablespoon of the seasoned flour in the pan, add the milk or other liquid slowly stirring constantly. Serve. This is the first time I ever heard of braising it.

At least that is the way I was taught in Texas when I lived there. :angel:

lol, hey, you're even more yankee than i am, even though you ran for the border for a while there.

we need a real son of the south to chime in here.

lol, hey, you're even more yankee than i am, even though you ran for the border for a while there.

True. I still have a Tri Corner hat that I wear on March 17th, April 17th, and June 17th. Legal Holidays in Massachusetts. What are they you ask?

March 17th - The evacuation of the British from Boston
April 17th - Paul Revere's ride and the start of the war
June 17th - The Battle of Bunker Hill :angel:

Well I'm not a "son of the south" but am most certainly a daughter of the south so check out my post #19 of this thread.

Country Steak is NOT Chicken Fried Steak. Two completely different things.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom