Curry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
However can we return to Desmonds original question ,although the title has been altered to show a discussion on curry but his original enquiry was a suggestion of another forum .

Yes there is an Ethnic section but it is cluttered with foods from all over the world and the use of the word Ethnic is not quite right . Could it not be at least broken down into different parts of the world which may find searching easier , as I mentioned in a previous post here .

Curry itself is a good example of having a separate forum as it doesn't belong to one section as many countries have curries and its a popular subject here .

Desmond, in the U.S. our churches often have fairs and suppers for the members and public. The members of the church will offer their favorite recipes and then they will put a book together. There isn't a person in this forum who won't agree that you can find some of the best recipes in the world in those cookbooks. The cookbooks are sold at the fairs to help raise money for the church or some special charity that the church contributes to. And it isn't just churches that do this with cookbooks. Schools, hospitals, etc. Any organization that wants to raise money for their cause.

This is one possibility of getting those recipes out where they will be appreciated. Or you might try to do a Vanity Publishing. That is where you have it printed and sell it yourself. Just make sure none of the recipes that you didn't create yourself, is changed in some manner. Or give credit to the original creator.

Maybe some of the other members have some ideas to share with you. :angel:

I would love to see a separate section for curries. I think I would like it even better if it had subcategories. It certainly would make searches easier and easier to just explore.

Should we have a curry forum? I have created full menu banquets for up to 60 people and have recently discovered that an Indian woman commented on how nice my curries are. I DO NOT use jars of sauces. I was hoping I could have them published in some free cook book but I can't find anywhere to find these. So I may as well just send them out hoping my name remains on them.

A curry forum would be great as there are so many recipes out their. I have a folder on my computer with over 200 recipes. These are not all mine but downloaded and ready to be modified to my liking.

My recipes are in pdf format or Microsoft docx. How would I put them up in a way they could be easily read and downloaded.

I am planning to write an ebook myself (free or very low cost). If you want to create an ebook check out these links:

https://www.smashwords.com/about/how_to_publish_on_smashwords

https://kdp.amazon.com/

What does goat taste like? I live in York and have checked out Morrisons, Tesco, Asda and Waitrose. None do Goat. Only milk and cheese.
If no-one else has suggested it you would probably find goat in a Halal butcher 's shop or supermarket. It's also available in shops catering to West Indians

These might be worth investigating:-

Marsh Top Farm Shop
01422 244859 259 Shay La , Halifax , HX29AG

Freshways Muslim supermarket, 27-29 Hull Road, York (near the University

If no-one else has suggested it you would probably find goat in a Halal butcher 's shop or supermarket. It's also available in shops catering to West Indians

These might be worth investigating:-

Marsh Top Farm Shop
01422 244859 259 Shay La , Halifax , HX29AG

Freshways Muslim supermarket, 27-29 Hull Road, York (near the University

Okay. Those numbers look intimidating. The first ones look like they may be a phone number? The last three look like it may be the address and the ones with HX is the area code? Am I right?

I think the long one is a phone number. The one with digits and letters is a postal code, like a zip code.

You are right about it being a postal code. I remember always having to send bundles of documents while at Stone and Webster to Toronto, and that was the postal code. I hated typing them. (before computers) Shifting up and down drove me crazy. Now I can just put the shift lock on and go to the numeric pad for the rest. Now looking at it like you said, I can see the phone number and the address being separate. Gee, you are just so smart. :angel:

Last edited:
You are right about it being a postal code. I remember always having to send bundles of documents while at Stone and Webster to Toronto, and that was the postal code. I hated typing them. (before computers) Shifting up and down drove me crazy. Now I can just put the shift lock on and go to the numeric pad for the rest. Now looking at it like you said, I can see the phone number and the address being separate. Gee, you are just so smart. :angel:
nah, i'm just used to postal codes.

Tax , do you use post codes where you are , or are you just familiar with the UK post code system ? You are right of course , the long number is a UK area landline telephone number and then the HX bit is the post code .

I would love to see a separate section for curries. I think I would like it even better if it had subcategories. It certainly would make searches easier and easier to just explore.
+1 I agree-I find the search engine weak and a pain in the .... (fill in the blank).

Tax , do you use post codes where you are , or are you just familiar with the UK post code system ? You are right of course , the long number is a UK area landline telephone number and then the HX bit is the post code .
Yup, we use postal codes in Canada. With X representing a letter and d representing a digit, the format is always: XdX dXd. Santa Claus has his own postal code: H0H 0H0. Many small towns have pronounceable postal codes. A long time ago, my postal code was: J0T 1R0. The nearby town was J0T 1T0.

Back
Top Bottom