Did I do this right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
expat I'll bet you're right, I have very few long term memory cells left but it has been in the last 10 years or so.... I remember eating beef much rarer before we moved to Indiana for a year and that was 2 years before kids....
boy they can really whack a person out can't they???
:)

yep, they can..........and if you had to have an emergency c-section where they use a samurai sword you will possibly have more problems......but I know for a fact that I was turned off from rare beef for years after my children were born......also as an aside I also could no longer handle merry-go- rounds or any ride that spun and used centrifugal force....maybe it was age but it definitely came after they were born....but they're worth it........:) Well, actually I'm still waiting.....hahaha

umm, i'll bet your sister could have done it better. not so raw.

hiya suzi!!!!!

he hee!

of course i'm teasing you. it looks fantastic, good job!. i want to drink the juice (aka blood, lee... :cool:)

hand me the salt shaker and a knife.

I like to take the juice and pour it in my baked potato.

I used to do that....
Couldn't bring myself there just yet....
I'll save it for you!

It's not blood suzi - don't think that it is. I think it's a protein (now that makes sense) that when exposed to air turns red.

If not, someone please chime in.

LOL - yea, he chimed in - I'm not 100% sure and I want to know too...oh, I guess I should have said................coooome iiiiiiinnnnnnnnnn!:LOL:

you have been working too hard, BT........LOL!!!!!! I think that you need a strong diuretic.......hahahahahahahahahahahhahaaha........my oh my...........my laugh for the day.............

It's not blood suzi - don't think that it is. I think it's a protein (now that makes sense) that when exposed to air turns red.

If not, someone please chime in.

Kitchenelf is correct. It's not blood. The red color in the meat juice comes from myoglobin, which is the main pigment in meat (muscle tissue). It is different from hemoglobin, which is the main pigment in blood. They share some similarities, but they are 2 distinctly different things. I learned this from the book, Kitchen Science, by Howard Hillman.

Back
Top Bottom