Did I do this right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
Alrighty, here's my 2 lb rump. Seared then grilled indirectly.
I'm trying to get over my fear of pink beef. I used to love it, I don't know what happened.
Is this ok (145 degrees I think, my thermometer isn't quite perfect) or will I be transporting my children to the ER for stomach pumpings at 2 am??

Attachments

• IMG_2719.jpg
    IMG_2719.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 260
A little bit overcooked in the midle if you ask me.
Just kidding, alright. ;)

So when can I come over for diner, I'll be off at about 7:30 PM today?

Sorry, Charlie (always wanted to say that!)
It's mostly gone, have to save the rest for DH...
maybe next time??
Thanks though... usually I wouldn't touch it... to me it's still mooing. But I forced myself... sorta.
:)

Beautful, Suzi! Do it just like that all the time!

Judging by the amount of juice, I'm thinking that your thermometer is reading higher than the actual temp.

Lee

Beautful, Suzi! Do it just like that all the time!

Judging by the amount of juice, I'm thinking that your thermometer is reading higher than the actual temp.

Lee

I did check it after dinner, I stuck it in boiling water and its reading about 20 deg high..... so I'm glad I left it a little longer than I was supposed to... I've had my suspisions about the thing for awhile but never got to checking it until today. Good thing to know!!!

umm, i'll bet your sister could have done it better. not so raw.

hiya suzi!!!!!

he hee!

of course i'm teasing you. it looks fantastic, good job!. i want to drink the juice (aka blood, lee... :cool:)

hand me the salt shaker and a knife.

Looks delish, SQ!! You know you may have been turned off after having children and then eating some with all the horrormones pumping thru your body........it happened to me, too, after my kids were born......couldn't even look at mooing meat for a long time thereafterwards but I do now enjoy it again

Back
Top Bottom