Do You Meatball & Veggie Fritter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
With a long lazy August ahead, simplicity for lunch and dinner are always appreciated ...

How do you Meatball and/or Vegetable Fritter Ball it ?

*** For example, here are our faves:

1. Italian Meatballs are my favourite ( recipe and photo below )
2. Greek Meatballs called Keftades with orange zest flour to dredge
3. Swedish Meatballs
4. Zucchini Fritter Balls ( in Vegetable Section - D.C. Post by Margi )

:yum: Grandmom Margherite´s Italian Meatballs ...

Ingredients:

4 tablesp. Evoo ( extra virgin olive oil )
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 tsp. dry oregano

500 grams ground beef or 250 grams ground pork & 250 grams ground beef or 250 grams ground veal and 250 grams of ground pork

Slightly stale, day old Italian Baguette, a bit of milk, white dry Italian wine and dry herbs: basil, thyme, salt and black freshly grinded pepper, parsley; the same ingredients I employ in my Meatloaf and Bolognese Sauce

1 egg slightly beaten

500 grams Barilla Number 5 Spaghetti

Aged Reggiano Parmesano Grated
A slightly aged Pecorino Sardo Grated
Tomato paste - 1 tblsp.
Tomatoes fresh deseeded and peeled
Evoo
French creamy butter

*** If anyone requires step to step instructions on how to make the Italian meatballs in this recipe, please drop me a reply with your request.

Have a lovely August Vacation,
Ciao, Margaux Cintrano.

Attachments

• spaghetti meatballs.jpg
    spaghetti meatballs.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
August has us using up the tomatoes,basil,much of the parsley, in salads and the over abundance of zucchini in soups, and fritatta's oven's are not used much but are going to be for breads,rolls,crumpets, cookies and cakes that we've by-passed most of the summer. I also like to make Carrotas en Vinaigrette the children love them as do the big kids. We love to set out small plates of the as you say Tapas using hard cooked eggs, Anchovies,Shrimp,marinated olives, fresh icy cold fruit some of it wrapped in prosciutto, a platter of cheeses and of course that great big salad and stuffed onions and zucchinis. Plenty of french bread and butter, along with wine, red and white and strawberry lemonade for the children. August at the Ma's house.

Back
Top Bottom