Fajitas with a twist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
I know there are many recipes out there for fajita's. This one is a little different adding a chipolte sauce, sort of a fusion fajita. Sorry I don't have exact measurements, just use your best judgement.

Skirt Steak
Fresh Squeesed lime juice
worcestershire
A-1
chopped garlic
oive oil
Bell peppers (1 used 1 green, yellow, orange, and red)
2 large onions
Salt/pepper

Toppings:
alvacado sliced
shredded Mexican cheese
Chipolte sauce (recipe below)

Cut skirt steak into slices.

In a bowl mix together lime juice, olive oil, worcestershire, A-1 (not too much of this), and garlic. Add meat and marinate.

Slice peppers into strips. Start to saute in oil. Cut onions and add to peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until they start to wilt. Add steak and simmer for about 10 minutes or until steak is tender.

On a flour tortilla add the steak and peppers and top.

Chipolte sauce:
Blend together and puree
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Juice 1/2 lime
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Let sit for several hours in refrigerator

Last edited:
When you say "add steak and simmer for about 10 minutes" did you add in any of the marinade to the onions and peppers along with the steak? I'm trying to figure out whether the steak is simmering in a liquid or just a small amount of oil? Thanks!

I dumped out most of of the marinade and cooked it in the oil. Sorry I couldn't get to you sooner. I hope you enjoyed it.

I haven't made the whole recipe yet but did make the sauce you listed for crab cakes today and it is wonderful.

I'm so glad you liked it. This recipe came about by accident. This is the sauce I usually make for fish tacos. I had some left over and decided to try it on fajitas, they ended up being devoured. Put your own twist on it if you like, I think that is the wonderful thing about coming up with your own recipes is making them your own.

Back
Top Bottom