Finally cooked a Flat Iron steak..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
I now officially call it my favorite cut of beef!!!!

Wow, what a steak. A little of your favorite seasoning and toss it on the grill. Simply fantastic!!!

Never heard of it---check it out, it's the new cut on the block....

It's sold as blade steak around here.

:ermm::ohmy:

Huh? Flank is from the belly, the abdomen and far away from the blades in the beast. Around here, if it's left untrimmed it's called London Broil....but still hard to find. Flank is even harder to find since it causes the butcher to cut some pieces from the broil.

And don't get me started on tri-tip. Who do you have to kill to find that cut around here?

:ermm::ohmy:

Huh? Flank is from the belly, the abdomen and far away from the blades in the beast. Around here, if it's left untrimmed it's called London Broil....but still hard to find. Flank is even harder to find since it causes the butcher to cut some pieces from the broil.

And don't get me started on tri-tip. Who do you have to kill to find that cut around here?

Yeah, but we're talking about flatiron steak. It comes from the shoulder.

Yeah, but we're talking about flatiron steak. It comes from the shoulder.

Yep, and it to me it's tastes a bit better than Fillet... The texture is a bit better for me.. Interesting they used to consider it a throw away piece until they sliced out the connecting tissue...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom