For those working in the hot line...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adelphi

Assistant Cook
What do you think of meat thermometers? Is it a way of being exact or a bail out for those who can't tell the temps by feel?

they certainly have there place, but on a full service hot line I have never seen one used during service. Most people working grill/secondi/broiler know there temps by touch.

not the health inspectors...........they are kinda attached to their thermometers..........and they put them in everything.........I volunteered to help run the food stand for the high schoolers in debate.........didn't know that I was going to be bothered by Miss Themonuclear inspector..........she was unbelievable......but the next day she complimented the students and I on having everything under control.........she scared the heck out of us though

I agree with Tat. During the "heat of the moment", when orders are coming and going at a fast rate, I'll poke the meat to guage doneness.

I use my probe more when I'm roasting large pieces, or reheating foods.

BTW, I just got a digital probe that is really fast and accurate. I can get an accurate reading in less than 10 seconds. That's a good thing, as the Health Department here insists that all cooks have digital probes. The older analogs are "out". I've only got 3 or so of the analogs floating around in my drawer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom